Subject: [bug#64616] [PATCH 0/1] services: static-networking: Add support for bonds and vlans

From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 11:12:03 +0800

Alexey Abramov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Guix!
>
> After new release of guile-netlink, I made some changes on a guix side to be
> able to configure bonds and vlans using static-networking declaration.

Hello I think this is a useful feature!
>
> In short, I introduced two more structures for *matching* existing interfaces:
> <network-link-by-macaddress> and <network-link-by-name>. The reason for that
> is that <network-link> struct creates new interfaces in network-set-up/linux.
> And if we want to construct a bond we need a way to apply settings for
> existing interfaces.

If I understand correctly, this will allow we create bond interfaces in
static-networking-service-type and configure those interfaces with
static IP.  Maybe there are needs for create bond interfaces, but
configure them with dhcp dynamic IP, will we able to that with this
patch?