Subject: bug#64609: closed (Re: bug#64609: Failure to "guix pull" at ddbfef2 on aarch64-linux)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 14:30:02 +0000

Your bug report

#64609: Failure to "guix pull" at ddbfef2 on aarch64-linux

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
64609: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64609
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#64609: Failure to "guix pull" at ddbfef2 on aarch64-linux
From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Ford <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 15:28:24 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Michael Ford <[email-masked]> writes:

> This morning when attempting to guix pull, on arch64-linux machines:
>
> guix pull
> Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
> 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
> Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to ddbfef2 (32 new commits)...
> Building from this channel:
>   guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    ddbfef2

...

> In gnu/packages/hurd.scm:
>    740:35  3 (arguments #<package [email-masked] gn?>)
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>   1685:16  2 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
>   1780:13  1 (_ #<&compound-exception components: (#<&error> #<&orig?>)
> In unknown file:
>            0 (backtrace #<undefined>)
>
> (exception match-error (value "match") (value "no matching pattern")
> (value "aarch64-linux"))

Thanks for reporting this Michael, I've pushed a workaround as
5f7c714c63dd4313dbc0ba466ac73c7fb68966db.

Chris

Subject: Failure to "guix pull" at ddbfef2 on aarch64-linux
From: Michael Ford <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 10:49:33 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This morning when attempting to guix pull, on arch64-linux machines:

guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to ddbfef2 (32 new commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    ddbfef2
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
building /gnu/store/4iypfx7p75c15szc718hjn0nb5vh087p-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/hj2m2gy5bnfyzg1vibxh6xxmgj51r52p-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/dbsabslzpm9yw7sq6zqrxbcgg6czjg9f-module-import-compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/vsx1pnsnrqz761grbbdzh8xkl3f5xp0n-module-import-compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/pxiib4jlg35mvj77dip22m72882nswlp-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
Computing Guix derivation for 'aarch64-linux'... -
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/fgm79z7kvwhxrf3hsgird7hglzx6xkj8-profile.drv
  /gnu/store/4649v445cq8s6mi4l90x46p272x3pcfj-guix-ddbfef2e9.drv
  /gnu/store/3yivcyslhdahx0xkvsvi01h88av709rv-guix-command.drv
  /gnu/store/qly1a5rzjsqrhvpxs5f4n5vfjf9v5bz0-guix-module-union.drv
  /gnu/store/pjxypi6mipyxfy44bil811bq6an412a2-guix-ddbfef2e9-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/820az2fl9hxdppihdjlk85s8vplsd5s1-guix-extra-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/8vvpvm2s3fkrxkyn85fmsgcr2zkcpnya-guix-core-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/fgvcs9h46swbxy7d8s2zykkfz4783rqk-guix-core.drv
  /gnu/store/mx3apk37pgnzm7d8l79f0bfiqsr32wh9-guix-core-source.drv
  /gnu/store/chaadv0xsqb1lk9nfddbpfkl7j9lxn9n-guix-packages-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/7jnxjbvfr5hrgf845df14m5ldch8h5f3-guix-packages.drv
  /gnu/store/6ysl1b8zarbmqqadda8sh24i1m8lac0f-guix-packages-base.drv
  /gnu/store/gfc170fwj195brg08sbnrlzrb60xqb24-guix-config-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/af1swfxjiz0if71nzika0ddkd42vghcv-guix-config-source.drv
  /gnu/store/ksdmq0pgy2dwkk2307hga01l6npfqxj1-config.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/clklqvcxkyf7yz8vdrnq0qdxq0bdrahd-guix-config.drv
  /gnu/store/gqvpq1av9cy1wwaaga2hb3kncnjlbhb3-guix-system-tests-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/b21hhvdjbmbrld67j2ka7iamzwz7nb6d-guix-system-tests.drv
  /gnu/store/08nh22qg9vardilg189s21zvsjzrn705-guix-system.drv
  /gnu/store/kxkvwcnmhds69jvgqlwf1mnj916gbcg7-guix-cli.drv
  /gnu/store/g7bh0w2wz0b3qq2bpli03j8r3ayb193h-guix-cli-core.drv
  /gnu/store/pxdp302ay8w653zhmzp5k3qzg57z3hjs-guix-home.drv
  /gnu/store/gzp484ad75vkxwkazmd1mj9dagdkbz9v-guix-packages-base-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/hm1misavdcmhin2vg8lxz9map94ilxh5-guix-system-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/j7m809w9n9vrlf0xkdvcgc3jsxmvikxh-guix-home-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/nw3z101wwfa5iw4brmqsa65h3mmgacdz-guix-cli-core-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/wrsprcvvk8g5wg127sf45gw8npkvg8zd-guix-cli-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/zn5ih9w13y16jvf56744l4812f6cvz1z-guix-daemon.drv
  /gnu/store/13lgi4xgp4l1lvpzrwp2kzq1cwq3whf7-inferior-script.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/hv8sg9m54yrbzkvjs0pqgh1c73fwkblw-profile.drv

7.8 MB will be downloaded
 guix-manual  4.7MiB

                                                             2.8MiB/s
00:02 ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
 guix-extra  2.7MiB

                                                             4.8MiB/s
00:01 ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
building /gnu/store/ksdmq0pgy2dwkk2307hga01l6npfqxj1-config.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/mx3apk37pgnzm7d8l79f0bfiqsr32wh9-guix-core-source.drv...
building /gnu/store/af1swfxjiz0if71nzika0ddkd42vghcv-guix-config-source.drv...
building /gnu/store/fgvcs9h46swbxy7d8s2zykkfz4783rqk-guix-core.drv...
building /gnu/store/clklqvcxkyf7yz8vdrnq0qdxq0bdrahd-guix-config.drv...
building /gnu/store/8vvpvm2s3fkrxkyn85fmsgcr2zkcpnya-guix-core-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/gfc170fwj195brg08sbnrlzrb60xqb24-guix-config-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/820az2fl9hxdppihdjlk85s8vplsd5s1-guix-extra-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/6ysl1b8zarbmqqadda8sh24i1m8lac0f-guix-packages-base.drv...
building /gnu/store/g7bh0w2wz0b3qq2bpli03j8r3ayb193h-guix-cli-core.drv...
building /gnu/store/gzp484ad75vkxwkazmd1mj9dagdkbz9v-guix-packages-base-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/nw3z101wwfa5iw4brmqsa65h3mmgacdz-guix-cli-core-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/7jnxjbvfr5hrgf845df14m5ldch8h5f3-guix-packages.drv...
building /gnu/store/chaadv0xsqb1lk9nfddbpfkl7j9lxn9n-guix-packages-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/08nh22qg9vardilg189s21zvsjzrn705-guix-system.drv...
building /gnu/store/pxdp302ay8w653zhmzp5k3qzg57z3hjs-guix-home.drv...
building /gnu/store/hm1misavdcmhin2vg8lxz9map94ilxh5-guix-system-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/kxkvwcnmhds69jvgqlwf1mnj916gbcg7-guix-cli.drv...
building /gnu/store/j7m809w9n9vrlf0xkdvcgc3jsxmvikxh-guix-home-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/wrsprcvvk8g5wg127sf45gw8npkvg8zd-guix-cli-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/b21hhvdjbmbrld67j2ka7iamzwz7nb6d-guix-system-tests.drv...
building /gnu/store/gqvpq1av9cy1wwaaga2hb3kncnjlbhb3-guix-system-tests-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/pjxypi6mipyxfy44bil811bq6an412a2-guix-ddbfef2e9-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/qly1a5rzjsqrhvpxs5f4n5vfjf9v5bz0-guix-module-union.drv...
building /gnu/store/3yivcyslhdahx0xkvsvi01h88av709rv-guix-command.drv...
building /gnu/store/zn5ih9w13y16jvf56744l4812f6cvz1z-guix-daemon.drv...
building /gnu/store/4649v445cq8s6mi4l90x46p272x3pcfj-guix-ddbfef2e9.drv...
building CA certificate bundle...
listing Emacs sub-directories...
building fonts directory...
building directory of Info manuals...
building profile with 1 package...
building /gnu/store/13lgi4xgp4l1lvpzrwp2kzq1cwq3whf7-inferior-script.scm.drv...
building package cache...
|builder for `/gnu/store/xjjvmg6fihql323nvpbrqmslwqqzn3n2-guix-package-cache.drv'
failed to produce output path
`/gnu/store/5r3lm9vf4x2p1hmmlyqhms38bvnvnri2-guix-package-cache'
build of /gnu/store/xjjvmg6fihql323nvpbrqmslwqqzn3n2-guix-package-cache.drv
failed
hint: This usually indicates a bug in one of the channels you are
pulling from, or some incompatibility among them.  You can check the
build log and report the issue to the channel developers.

The channels you are pulling from are: guix.

View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/xj/jvmg6fihql323nvpbrqmslwqqzn3n2-guix-package-cache.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/fgm79z7kvwhxrf3hsgird7hglzx6xkj8-profile.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be built
guix pull: error: build of
`/gnu/store/fgm79z7kvwhxrf3hsgird7hglzx6xkj8-profile.drv' failed

/var/log/guix/drvs/xj/jvmg6fihql323nvpbrqmslwqqzn3n2-guix-package-cache.drv
(repl-version 0 1 1)
Generating package cache for
'/gnu/store/g0kivh84clbj11n3xhfykz6yrp815r1j-profile'...

Backtrace:
In guix/repl.scm:
    99:21 19 (_)
In unknown file:
          18 (_ #<procedure fffff78434a0 at guix/repl.scm:100:25 ()> ?)
          17 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/nrs8f11sc4609b9xz0p7z9mklr2?")
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10 16 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In gnu/packages.scm:
   439:11 15 (generate-package-cache _)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   460:18 14 (fold #<procedure expand-cache expr> _ _)
In gnu/packages.scm:
   399:37 13 (expand-cache . _)
In guix/packages.scm:
  1371:17 12 (supported-package? #<package [email-masked] gn?> ?)
In guix/memoization.scm:
    101:0 11 (_ #<hash-table ffffe26a4c60 13163/28099> #<package hu?> ?)
In guix/packages.scm:
  1341:14 10 (_)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   460:18  9 (fold #<procedure ffffdf740a60 at guix/packages.scm:13?> ?)
In guix/packages.scm:
  1345:44  8 (_ _ ())
In guix/memoization.scm:
    101:0  7 (_ #<hash-table ffffe26a4c60 13163/28099> #<package ru?> ?)
In guix/packages.scm:
  1349:39  6 (_)
  1611:16  5 (package->bag _ _ _ #:graft? _)
  1716:43  4 (thunk)
In gnu/packages/hurd.scm:
   740:35  3 (arguments #<package [email-masked] gn?>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1685:16  2 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1780:13  1 (_ #<&compound-exception components: (#<&error> #<&orig?>)
In unknown file:
           0 (backtrace #<undefined>)

(exception match-error (value "match") (value "no matching pattern")
(value "aarch64-linux"))