Subject: bug#64609: Failure to "guix pull" at ddbfef2 on aarch64-linux

From: Michael Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 10:49:33 +0100

This morning when attempting to guix pull, on arch64-linux machines:

guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to ddbfef2 (32 new commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    ddbfef2
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
building /gnu/store/4iypfx7p75c15szc718hjn0nb5vh087p-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/hj2m2gy5bnfyzg1vibxh6xxmgj51r52p-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/dbsabslzpm9yw7sq6zqrxbcgg6czjg9f-module-import-compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/vsx1pnsnrqz761grbbdzh8xkl3f5xp0n-module-import-compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/pxiib4jlg35mvj77dip22m72882nswlp-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
Computing Guix derivation for 'aarch64-linux'... -
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/fgm79z7kvwhxrf3hsgird7hglzx6xkj8-profile.drv
  /gnu/store/4649v445cq8s6mi4l90x46p272x3pcfj-guix-ddbfef2e9.drv
  /gnu/store/3yivcyslhdahx0xkvsvi01h88av709rv-guix-command.drv
  /gnu/store/qly1a5rzjsqrhvpxs5f4n5vfjf9v5bz0-guix-module-union.drv
  /gnu/store/pjxypi6mipyxfy44bil811bq6an412a2-guix-ddbfef2e9-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/820az2fl9hxdppihdjlk85s8vplsd5s1-guix-extra-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/8vvpvm2s3fkrxkyn85fmsgcr2zkcpnya-guix-core-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/fgvcs9h46swbxy7d8s2zykkfz4783rqk-guix-core.drv
  /gnu/store/mx3apk37pgnzm7d8l79f0bfiqsr32wh9-guix-core-source.drv
  /gnu/store/chaadv0xsqb1lk9nfddbpfkl7j9lxn9n-guix-packages-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/7jnxjbvfr5hrgf845df14m5ldch8h5f3-guix-packages.drv
  /gnu/store/6ysl1b8zarbmqqadda8sh24i1m8lac0f-guix-packages-base.drv
  /gnu/store/gfc170fwj195brg08sbnrlzrb60xqb24-guix-config-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/af1swfxjiz0if71nzika0ddkd42vghcv-guix-config-source.drv
  /gnu/store/ksdmq0pgy2dwkk2307hga01l6npfqxj1-config.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/clklqvcxkyf7yz8vdrnq0qdxq0bdrahd-guix-config.drv
  /gnu/store/gqvpq1av9cy1wwaaga2hb3kncnjlbhb3-guix-system-tests-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/b21hhvdjbmbrld67j2ka7iamzwz7nb6d-guix-system-tests.drv
  /gnu/store/08nh22qg9vardilg189s21zvsjzrn705-guix-system.drv
  /gnu/store/kxkvwcnmhds69jvgqlwf1mnj916gbcg7-guix-cli.drv
  /gnu/store/g7bh0w2wz0b3qq2bpli03j8r3ayb193h-guix-cli-core.drv
  /gnu/store/pxdp302ay8w653zhmzp5k3qzg57z3hjs-guix-home.drv
  /gnu/store/gzp484ad75vkxwkazmd1mj9dagdkbz9v-guix-packages-base-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/hm1misavdcmhin2vg8lxz9map94ilxh5-guix-system-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/j7m809w9n9vrlf0xkdvcgc3jsxmvikxh-guix-home-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/nw3z101wwfa5iw4brmqsa65h3mmgacdz-guix-cli-core-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/wrsprcvvk8g5wg127sf45gw8npkvg8zd-guix-cli-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/zn5ih9w13y16jvf56744l4812f6cvz1z-guix-daemon.drv
  /gnu/store/13lgi4xgp4l1lvpzrwp2kzq1cwq3whf7-inferior-script.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/hv8sg9m54yrbzkvjs0pqgh1c73fwkblw-profile.drv

7.8 MB will be downloaded
 guix-manual  4.7MiB

                                                             2.8MiB/s
00:02 ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
 guix-extra  2.7MiB

                                                             4.8MiB/s
00:01 ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
building /gnu/store/ksdmq0pgy2dwkk2307hga01l6npfqxj1-config.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/mx3apk37pgnzm7d8l79f0bfiqsr32wh9-guix-core-source.drv...
building /gnu/store/af1swfxjiz0if71nzika0ddkd42vghcv-guix-config-source.drv...
building /gnu/store/fgvcs9h46swbxy7d8s2zykkfz4783rqk-guix-core.drv...
building /gnu/store/clklqvcxkyf7yz8vdrnq0qdxq0bdrahd-guix-config.drv...
building /gnu/store/8vvpvm2s3fkrxkyn85fmsgcr2zkcpnya-guix-core-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/gfc170fwj195brg08sbnrlzrb60xqb24-guix-config-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/820az2fl9hxdppihdjlk85s8vplsd5s1-guix-extra-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/6ysl1b8zarbmqqadda8sh24i1m8lac0f-guix-packages-base.drv...
building /gnu/store/g7bh0w2wz0b3qq2bpli03j8r3ayb193h-guix-cli-core.drv...
building /gnu/store/gzp484ad75vkxwkazmd1mj9dagdkbz9v-guix-packages-base-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/nw3z101wwfa5iw4brmqsa65h3mmgacdz-guix-cli-core-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/7jnxjbvfr5hrgf845df14m5ldch8h5f3-guix-packages.drv...
building /gnu/store/chaadv0xsqb1lk9nfddbpfkl7j9lxn9n-guix-packages-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/08nh22qg9vardilg189s21zvsjzrn705-guix-system.drv...
building /gnu/store/pxdp302ay8w653zhmzp5k3qzg57z3hjs-guix-home.drv...
building /gnu/store/hm1misavdcmhin2vg8lxz9map94ilxh5-guix-system-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/kxkvwcnmhds69jvgqlwf1mnj916gbcg7-guix-cli.drv...
building /gnu/store/j7m809w9n9vrlf0xkdvcgc3jsxmvikxh-guix-home-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/wrsprcvvk8g5wg127sf45gw8npkvg8zd-guix-cli-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/b21hhvdjbmbrld67j2ka7iamzwz7nb6d-guix-system-tests.drv...
building /gnu/store/gqvpq1av9cy1wwaaga2hb3kncnjlbhb3-guix-system-tests-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/pjxypi6mipyxfy44bil811bq6an412a2-guix-ddbfef2e9-modules.drv...
building /gnu/store/qly1a5rzjsqrhvpxs5f4n5vfjf9v5bz0-guix-module-union.drv...
building /gnu/store/3yivcyslhdahx0xkvsvi01h88av709rv-guix-command.drv...
building /gnu/store/zn5ih9w13y16jvf56744l4812f6cvz1z-guix-daemon.drv...
building /gnu/store/4649v445cq8s6mi4l90x46p272x3pcfj-guix-ddbfef2e9.drv...
building CA certificate bundle...
listing Emacs sub-directories...
building fonts directory...
building directory of Info manuals...
building profile with 1 package...
building /gnu/store/13lgi4xgp4l1lvpzrwp2kzq1cwq3whf7-inferior-script.scm.drv...
building package cache...
|builder for `/gnu/store/xjjvmg6fihql323nvpbrqmslwqqzn3n2-guix-package-cache.drv'
failed to produce output path
`/gnu/store/5r3lm9vf4x2p1hmmlyqhms38bvnvnri2-guix-package-cache'
build of /gnu/store/xjjvmg6fihql323nvpbrqmslwqqzn3n2-guix-package-cache.drv
failed
hint: This usually indicates a bug in one of the channels you are
pulling from, or some incompatibility among them.  You can check the
build log and report the issue to the channel developers.

The channels you are pulling from are: guix.

View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/xj/jvmg6fihql323nvpbrqmslwqqzn3n2-guix-package-cache.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/fgm79z7kvwhxrf3hsgird7hglzx6xkj8-profile.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be built
guix pull: error: build of
`/gnu/store/fgm79z7kvwhxrf3hsgird7hglzx6xkj8-profile.drv' failed

/var/log/guix/drvs/xj/jvmg6fihql323nvpbrqmslwqqzn3n2-guix-package-cache.drv
(repl-version 0 1 1)
Generating package cache for
'/gnu/store/g0kivh84clbj11n3xhfykz6yrp815r1j-profile'...

Backtrace:
In guix/repl.scm:
    99:21 19 (_)
In unknown file:
          18 (_ #<procedure fffff78434a0 at guix/repl.scm:100:25 ()> ?)
          17 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/nrs8f11sc4609b9xz0p7z9mklr2?")
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1752:10 16 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In gnu/packages.scm:
   439:11 15 (generate-package-cache _)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   460:18 14 (fold #<procedure expand-cache expr> _ _)
In gnu/packages.scm:
   399:37 13 (expand-cache . _)
In guix/packages.scm:
  1371:17 12 (supported-package? #<package [email-masked] gn?> ?)
In guix/memoization.scm:
    101:0 11 (_ #<hash-table ffffe26a4c60 13163/28099> #<package hu?> ?)
In guix/packages.scm:
  1341:14 10 (_)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   460:18  9 (fold #<procedure ffffdf740a60 at guix/packages.scm:13?> ?)
In guix/packages.scm:
  1345:44  8 (_ _ ())
In guix/memoization.scm:
    101:0  7 (_ #<hash-table ffffe26a4c60 13163/28099> #<package ru?> ?)
In guix/packages.scm:
  1349:39  6 (_)
  1611:16  5 (package->bag _ _ _ #:graft? _)
  1716:43  4 (thunk)
In gnu/packages/hurd.scm:
   740:35  3 (arguments #<package [email-masked] gn?>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1685:16  2 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1780:13  1 (_ #<&compound-exception components: (#<&error> #<&orig?>)
In unknown file:
           0 (backtrace #<undefined>)

(exception match-error (value "match") (value "no matching pattern")
(value "aarch64-linux"))