Subject: Re: bug#646: No arguments

From: "J. Pablo\" Fernández" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 07:31:16 +0200

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 16:27 +0200, Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
> J. Pablo Fernández wrote:
> > Hello,
> > 
> > It would be nice if emacsclient, when called with no arguments, would
> > just run the alternate editor. I've configured emacs as my alternate
> > editor so emacsclient for me is basically a "open this in an existing
> > emacs or run one otherwise", the only problem for that to work
> > completely is having it working with no arguments.
> 
> The patched version of emacsclient that I distribute with Emacs+EmacsW32 
> does that. If you are on another platform it would be nice if you tested 
> that code there.

I use a pre-packaged Emacs, but I can try to give it a chance, where can
I get the patch?

Thanks.
-- 
J. Pablo Fernández <[email-masked]> http://pupeno.com