Subject: Re: bug#64593: ‘guix system image’ fails to create image while invoking ‘grub-bios-setup’

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 13:08:08 +0200

Hi Ludo,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> The culprit might be 209204e23b39af09e0ea92540b6fa00a60e6a0ae, from
> <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/62223>.
>
> Josselin, Sergey, WDYT?

Apologies!  Our install-grub-disk-image doesn't really support GPT
right, now but this is easy to fix (I've successfully booted your
example with a local change).  However, for this to work we need to have
a BIOS Boot partition instead of the ESP that's defined for efi images.
We have two options here, either add a new image type that has that
instead of the ESP (which means duplicating a bunch of them...), or make
the partition of efi-raw change depending on the bootloader, which would
need some refactoring.  I'm not a big fan of either options though :)

WDYT?
-- 
Josselin Poiret