Subject: BUG: stat -f incorrectly reports a BTRFS device as a tmpfs

From: support <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 23:46:38 +0100

coreutils version 9.1-1 on Debian testing, but also exists in previous 
versions.

Example:

stat -f  /dev/sdb
   File: "/dev/sdb"
     ID: eb91af7d7bda02dd Namelen: 255     Type: tmpfs
Block size: 4096       Fundamental block size: 4096
Blocks: Total: 2012292    Free: 2012292    Available: 2012292
Inodes: Total: 2012292    Free: 2011839

stat -f  /dev/disk/by-uuid/6abaa68a-2670-4d8b-8d2a-fd7321df9242
   File: "/dev/disk/by-uuid/6abaa68a-2670-4d8b-8d2a-fd7321df9242"
     ID: eb91af7d7bda02dd Namelen: 255     Type: tmpfs
Block size: 4096       Fundamental block size: 4096
Blocks: Total: 2012292    Free: 2012292    Available: 2012292
Inodes: Total: 2012292    Free: 2011839

blkid /dev/sdb
/dev/sdb: UUID="6abaa68a-2670-4d8b-8d2a-fd7321df9242" 
UUID_SUB="d15f1846-8f18-4ba0-9e2a-a6aaa7bbf83b" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" 
TYPE="btrfs"

Not sure why the reported fstype is wrong but obviously it is a bug.

TIA