Subject: bug#64575: closed (Re: bug#64575: 29.0.92; Help buffers are unnecessarily under Outline mode)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 17:53:02 +0000

Your bug report

#64575: 29.0.92; Help buffers are unnecessarily under Outline mode

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
64575: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64575
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#64575: 29.0.92; Help buffers are unnecessarily under Outline mode
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 20:51:29 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>> I did more testing, and pushed to master.
>
> Thanks.  Maybe we should close this bug, and handle the "C-h m" issue
> separately.

Created a new bug#64684 for the "C-h m" issue, and closed this one.

Subject: 29.0.92; Help buffers are unnecessarily under Outline mode
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 22:18:41 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

To reproduce:

  emacs -Q
  C-h f directory-name-p RET

Observe that the *Help* buffer is under Help mode, as expected.

  C-h b

Now the *Help* buffer is under Help mode and Outline minor mode, also
as expected.

  C-h f file-directory-p RET

The *Help* buffer is still under Outline minor mode, although it now
makes no sense, since there are no heading lines in the buffer.

The actual functions you use in "C-h f" don't matter; the point is
that the Outline minor mode, once set by "C-h b", stays turned on in
the *Help* buffers, instead of being reset when not needed.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.92 (build 29, i686-pc-mingw32) of 2023-07-10 built on
 HOME-C4E4A596F7
Repository revision: 419b4d44914701cedf308df58c3e5789715c87e7
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
System Description: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (v5.1.0.2600)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --prefix=/d/usr --with-wide-int
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs 'CFLAGS=-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils shortdoc text-property-search
thingatpt help-fns radix-tree cl-extra noutline outline icons kmacro
facemenu two-column subr-x help-mode cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 60866 13834)
 (symbols 48 6982 0)
 (strings 16 21661 3035)
 (string-bytes 1 493258)
 (vectors 16 10800)
 (vector-slots 8 162298 13373)
 (floats 8 90 170)
 (intervals 40 454 400)
 (buffers 888 13))