Subject: bug#64505: closed (Re: bug#64505: bug report)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 17:15:02 +0000

Your bug report

#64505: 'guix pull' from 1.1.0 fails in "Computing Guix derivation"

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
64505: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64505
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#64505: bug report
From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
To: Jean-Christophe Haessig <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 19:14:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]> writes:

> You seem to have a quite old version of Guix, along with Guile 2.x, and
> there raise-exception doesn't exist, but it is indirectly being used
> when building Guix.
>
> You can either try to pull in small increments (I think 1.1 -> 1.2 ->
> 1.3 -> master should do it) for now, but we should also fix this use of
> raise-exception: it should be `raise` from srfi-34/35 instead.

I've pushed a fix for this as d17879cd0dec60ea7490632910257890f207d6cb.

Preemptively closing, feel free to re-open if this doesn't work.

Best,
-- 
Josselin Poiret

Subject: bug report
From: Jean-Christophe Haessig <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2023 21:35:22 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Running guix pull again gives the same result :

$ guix pull
Mise à jour du canal « guix » depuis le dépôt Git «
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git »...
Construction depuis ce canal :
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git	961ffca
substitute: /gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-
5.0.7/bin/bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale
(en_US.utf8)
substitute: mise à jour des substituts depuis
« https://ci.guix.gnu.org »... 100.0 %
substitute: mise à jour des substituts depuis
« https://ci.guix.gnu.org »... 100.0 %
substitute: mise à jour des substituts depuis
« https://ci.guix.gnu.org »... 100.0 %
construction de /gnu/store/mqgaxb045j4hnc6pss484drk332mz44m-module-
import.drv...
construction de /gnu/store/67ix9vm4f31nfi22q0g5jwnaxhigaz1x-module-
import-compiled.drv...
/gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-
5.0.7/bin/bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale
(en_US.utf8)
construction de /gnu/store/amlizpv60rmfn8g685c15ncw26h6b179-compute-
guix-derivation.drv...
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... \Backtrace:
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    159:9 19 (_ #(#(#<directory (gnu packages commencement)
7f27877c7000>) #<package [email-masked] 7?>))
   196:35 18 (_ #(#(#(#<directory (gnu packages commencement)
7f27877c7000>) #<package [email-masked]?>) #))
    159:9 17 (_ #(#(#(#<directory (gnu packages commencement)
7f27877c7000>) #<package [email-masked]?>) #))
   191:35 16 (_ #(#(#<directory (gnu packages linux) 7f27a5add3c0>
"5.15.49") #<package [email-masked]?>))
    159:9 15 (_ #(#(#<directory (gnu packages linux) 7f27a5add3c0>
"5.15.49") #<package [email-masked]?>))
    159:9 14 (_ #(#(#<directory (gnu packages linux) 7f27a5add3c0>
"5.15.49") #<package [email-masked]?>))
    159:9 13 (_ #(#(#<directory (gnu packages linux) 7f27a5add3c0>
"5.15.49") #<package [email-masked]?>))
    159:9 12 (_ #(#(#<directory (gnu packages linux) 7f27a5add3c0>
"5.15.49") #<package [email-masked]?>))
   174:20 11 (_ #(#(#<directory (gnu packages linux) 7f27a5add3c0>
"5.15.49") #<package [email-masked]?>))
   177:32 10 (lp (#<procedure 7f278ee8a660 at ice-9/eval.scm:182:7
(env)> #<procedure 7f278ee8a640 at ice-9/eval.s?>))
    163:9  9 (_ #(#(#<directory (gnu packages linux) 7f27a5add3c0>
"5.15.49") #<package [email-masked]?>))
    163:9  8 (_ #(#(#<directory (gnu packages linux) 7f27a5add3c0>
"5.15.49") #<package [email-masked]?>))
    159:9  7 (_ #(#(#<directory (gnu packages linux) 7f27a5add3c0>
"5.15.49") #<package [email-masked]?>))
    159:9  6 (_ #(#(#<directory (gnu packages linux) 7f27a5add3c0>
"5.15.49") #<package [email-masked]?>))
    163:9  5 (_ #(#(#<directory (gnu packages linux) 7f27a5add3c0>
"5.15.49") #<package [email-masked]?>))
    159:9  4 (_ #(#(#<directory (gnu packages linux) 7f27a5add3c0>
"5.15.49") #<package [email-masked]?>))
   191:35  3 (_ #(#(#<directory (gnu packages linux) 7f27a5add3c0>
"5.15.49") #<package [email-masked]?>))
In ./guix/platform.scm:
    139:6  2 (lookup-platform-by-target-or-system "x86_64-linux")
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    829:9  1 (catch srfi-34 #<procedure 7f278ee8a040 at
./guix/platform.scm:139:6 ()> #<procedure 7f27a4868298 at .?> ?)
In ./guix/platform.scm:
    129:2  0 (lookup-platform-by-target "x86_64-linux")

./guix/platform.scm:129:2: In procedure lookup-platform-by-target:
error: raise-exception: unbound variable
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/cb56v1p47byd2ars5xbgkw26f3iq41sj-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"961ffca1c75141cbb351d143b22b673638e9659d"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.1.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

HTH,
J.C.H