Subject: Re: bug#64500: More information

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 09:29:04 +0300

> Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 21:57:21 +0000
> From:  William Lightner via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> I removed emacs again; discovered I’d also installed it under choco & removed that, too, then
> re-installed 28.2 using the Windows installer.
> 
> Still get this problem, apparently during compiling…?

Why does Emacs compile *.el files?  It isn't supposed to that when you
start it.

Anyway, I'm sorry to say that I don't understand what happens in your
case according to what you describe.  The GIO error message you show
in the original report seem to point to librsvg, but that is all I can
say.  The backtraces you post can only be interpreted on your system;
see the node "Crashing" in the Emacs user manual for how to convert
them to more useful ones if you have the necessary tools installed.

That's all I can say, sorry.  These Emacs versions work flawlessly for
me, FWIW.