Subject: 28.2; rgrep issue when called through C-x C-e

From: CARRIERE Jonathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 15:18:07 +0000 (GMT)

From: Jonathan CARRIERE <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Subject: 28.2; rgrep issue when called through C-x C-e 
--text follows this line-- 

Hello, 

To reproduce the issue: 
1. Paste this code in the *scratch* buffer : (rgrep "foo" "*.org" "~" 
nil) 
2. Execute it through C-x C-e 

I get a backtrace with : 'Debugger entered--Lisp error: 
(wrong-type-argument stringp nil)'. 

If I call 'rgrep' interactively through `M-x rgrep'. Not only, it works 
but it also make subsquent calls to grep through C-x C-e work. 

Thank you for your support. 

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30, cairo version 1.15.12) 
of 2022-11-30 built on Rocky8Master 
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003 
System Description: Rocky Linux 8.6 (Green Obsidian) 

Configured features: 
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG 
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND 
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB 

Important settings: 
value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8 
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus 
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix 

Major mode: Lisp Interaction 

Minor modes in effect: 
doom-modeline-mode: t 
pyvenv-mode: t 
global-anzu-mode: t 
anzu-mode: t 
ws-butler-mode: t 
clean-aindent-mode: t 
global-undo-tree-mode: t 
undo-tree-mode: t 
volatile-highlights-mode: t 
delete-selection-mode: t 
global-ede-mode: t 
global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t 
global-semantic-idle-summary-mode: t 
global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t 
global-semantic-stickyfunc-mode: t 
semantic-mode: t 
helm-mode: t 
helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t 
shell-dirtrack-mode: t 
helm--remap-mouse-mode: t 
async-bytecomp-package-mode: t 
yas-global-mode: t 
yas-minor-mode: t 
rainbow-delimiters-mode: t 
which-key-mode: t 
windmove-mode: t 
projectile-mode: t 
global-company-mode: t 
company-mode: t 
override-global-mode: t 
tooltip-mode: t 
global-eldoc-mode: t 
eldoc-mode: t 
show-paren-mode: t 
electric-indent-mode: t 
mouse-wheel-mode: t 
menu-bar-mode: t 
file-name-shadow-mode: t 
global-font-lock-mode: t 
font-lock-mode: t 
blink-cursor-mode: t 
auto-composition-mode: t 
auto-encryption-mode: t 
auto-compression-mode: t 
line-number-mode: t 
transient-mark-mode: t 

Load-path shadows: 
/home/jonathan/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230315.1520/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/transient 

Features: 
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail org-roam-migrate org-roam-log 
org-roam-mode org-roam-capture org-roam-id org-roam-node org-roam-db 
emacsql-sqlite-builtin org-roam-utils org-roam-compat org-roam 
org-capture org-attach org-id org-refile emacsql-sqlite 
emacsql-sqlite-common emacsql emacsql-compiler magit-section flyspell 
org-element avl-tree ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe 
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 
mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group 
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 
netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml 
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode 
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail 
rmail-loaddefs mail-utils ol-docview doc-view jka-compr ol-bibtex 
ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi iedit iedit-lib helm-command 
helm-elisp helm-eval edebug helm-info cl-print debug backtrace 
find-dired semantic/decorate/mode vc-git vc-dispatcher winner image-file 
image-converter helm-external helm-net tramp-archive tramp-gvfs 
tramp-cache zeroconf dbus xml ffap doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments 
doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core shrink-path f f-shortdoc shortdoc 
compat compat-29 vterm bookmark face-remap vterm-module term/xterm xterm 
dichromacy-theme setup-python highlight-indentation flymake-proc flymake 
warnings help-fns radix-tree elpy elpy-rpc pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext 
esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util 
elpy-shell elpy-profile elpy-django s elpy-refactor diff-mode ido 
cus-edit cus-load setup-perl shell-pop term disp-table ehelp shx 
setup-tex setup-org ob-perl ob-python python tramp-sh ob-awk ob-plantuml 
ob-ditaa ob-shell ob-C ispell org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table 
ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list 
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp 
ob-core ob-eval org-table oc-basic bibtex ol org-keys oc org-compat 
org-macs org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs setup-c helm-cscope 
xcscope imenu-list hideshow function-args semantic-directory semantic/ia 
ivy ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir srefactor-lisp semantic/bovine/el 
semantic/db-el eieio-opt srefactor srefactor-ui recentf tree-widget cl 
srecode/semantic semantic/senator semantic/decorate srecode/insert 
srecode/filters srecode/args srecode/find srecode/map srecode/ctxt 
srecode/compile srecode/dictionary srecode/fields srecode/table srecode 
semantic/doc semantic/db-file data-debug cedet-files semantic/bovine/c 
hideif semantic/bovine/c-by semantic/lex-spp semantic/bovine/gcc 
semantic/dep semantic/bovine semantic/analyze/refs semantic/db-find 
semantic/db-ref auto-highlight-symbol ht flycheck dash company-c-headers 
rx setup-editing anzu ws-butler dtrt-indent clean-aindent-mode undo-tree 
diff queue advice volatile-highlights delsel setup-cedet ede/speedbar 
ede/files ede ede/detect ede/base ede/auto ede/source eieio-speedbar 
speedbar dframe eieio-custom wid-edit semantic/idle semantic/analyze 
semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/format 
ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt semantic/db-mode 
semantic/db eieio-base semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic pp 
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func cedet cc-mode 
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars 
cc-defs setup-helm-gtags helm-gtags pulse color which-func imenu 
setup-helm helm-projectile helm-mode helm-misc helm-files image-dired 
image-mode dired dired-loaddefs exif filenotify tramp tramp-loaddefs 
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete 
parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags 
helm-locate helm-types helm-grep helm-regexp helm-utils helm-help helm 
helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu helm-core async-bytecomp helm-source 
helm-multi-match async format-spec helm-config helm-lib setup-general 
yasnippet-snippets yasnippet ace-window avy rainbow-delimiters which-key 
windmove projectile lisp-mnt mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util 
ietf-drums mail-prsvr grep compile text-property-search comint 
ansi-color ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs thingatpt company-oddmuse 
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator xref project 
ring company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files 
company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic 
company-template company-bbdb company cl-extra help-mode edmacro kmacro 
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish 
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf 
pcase info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand 
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap 
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs 
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv 
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc 
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode 
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image 
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode 
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu 
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core 
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang 
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms 
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian 
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table 
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice 
button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties 
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget 
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify 
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo 
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs) 

Memory information: 
((conses 16 1064638 568067) 
(symbols 48 68774 170) 
(strings 32 307285 66048) 
(string-bytes 1 9839861) 
(vectors 16 116596) 
(vector-slots 8 2027635 604251) 
(floats 8 651 2255) 
(intervals 56 13822 2373) 
(buffers 992 22)) 

----- Météo-France ----- 
CARRIERE Jonathan 
DSI/DEV/AM 
[email-masked] 
Fixe : +33 561078133