Subject: bug#64494: 30.0.50; Recursive load error with native-compile

From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2023 08:45:10 -0300

Steps to reproduce:
clean native compile cache
emacs -Q
C-x r b (bookmark-jump)

Error message appears:
emacs-lisp-compilation-mode: Recursive load: "/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/progmodes/compile.elc", "/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/ring.elc", "/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/comint.elc", "/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/progmodes/compile.elc", "/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/ring.elc", "/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/comint.elc", "/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/progmodes/compile.elc", "/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/ring.elc", "/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/comint.elc", "/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/progmodes/compile.elc", "/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/ring.elc", "/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/comint.elc", "/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/progmodes/compile.elc", "/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-lib.elc", "/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/pp.elc", "/home/german/repos/emacs/lisp/bookmark.elc"

Reverting commit 40492581f96626e405e4b453456b8c9b83822c97 fixes the issue.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-07-06 built on KRONOS
Repository revision: 40492581f96626e405e4b453456b8c9b83822c97
Repository branch: master
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-pgtk --with-native-compilation --without-libsystemd
 --without-compress-install --prefix=/home/german/.local/emacs'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  vertico-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  popper-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/embark-consult-0.7/embark-org hides /home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/embark-0.22.1/embark-org
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.4.1/transient hides /home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils compile text-property-search
comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring comp comp-cstr rx vertico savehist
popper subr-x transient cl-extra help-mode cl-seq format-spec edmacro
kmacro eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile eieio-core cl-macs gv compat
mb-depth g3r-light-theme info autothemer-autoloads doom-themes-autoloads
ef-themes-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads
embark-autoloads fontify-face-autoloads kurecolor-autoloads
magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
dash-autoloads orderless-autoloads popper-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads s-autoloads transient-autoloads vertico-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads compat-autoloads yuck-mode-autoloads warnings
icons cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 129884 100287) (symbols 48 10014 5)
 (strings 32 32148 18103) (string-bytes 1 1081003) (vectors 16 21625)
 (vector-slots 8 412849 137704) (floats 8 58 241)
 (intervals 56 476 67) (buffers 984 11))

-- 
German Pacenza