Subject: bug#64487: 29.0.92; Another tree-sitter warning inside Custom

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2023 14:56:44 +0800

Type M-x customize RET.  Click Programming and then Languages.  A
*Warnings* buffer will be displayed containing the following message:

  Warning (treesit): Cannot activate tree-sitter, because language
  grammar for ruby is unavailable (not-found): (libtree-sitter-ruby
  libtree-sitter-ruby.0 libtree-sitter-ruby.0.0 libtree-sitter-ruby.so
  libtree-sitter-ruby.so.0 libtree-sitter-ruby.so.0.0) No such file or
  directory

Can't these messages only be displayed when a tree-sitter major mode is
enabled, as opposed to whenever the file implementing the major mode is
loaded?

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.92 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) of 2023-06-25 built
 on trinity
Windowing system distributor 'Sun Microsystems, Inc', version 11.0.6620
System Description: Fedora Linux 38 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=no --without-cairo
 --with-native-compilation=aot'

Configured features:
ACL DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2
LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER
WEBP X11 XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Special