Subject: bug#64448: closed (Re: [bug#64448] [PATCH 0/2] Fix hdf5-1.14 wrappers and remove generated source files from all hdf5 versions.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2025 23:35:02 +0000

Your bug report

#64448: [PATCH 0/2] Fix hdf5-1.14 wrappers and remove generated source files from all hdf5 versions.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
64448: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64448
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#64448] [PATCH 0/2] Fix hdf5-1.14 wrappers and remove generated source files from all hdf5 versions.
From: David Elsing <[email-masked]>
To: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2025 23:33:55 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> So I wonder whether you would be okay closing this issue and opening
> new ones with updated patches?

Sure, I'm closing it now.

> Useful remaining work would be updating [email-masked] to its latest version;
> working towards getting rid of [email-masked] and [email-masked];
> and your original issue about generated files, which maybe could be
> combined with an update to [email-masked] (I think there is no point in
> spending much work on the outdated versions that we would prefer to
> remove).

Yes, that's a good suggestion, I made a new patch series which only
changes [email-masked] and hdf-java: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/77590

Thanks,
David

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Fix hdf5-1.14 wrappers and remove generated source files from all hdf5 versions.
From: David Elsing <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: David Elsing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 21:58:45 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When using hdf5 with CMake, I noticed that it does not work for the 1.14
version, because the h5cc and h5c++ wrappers contain the flag
"-I/tmp/guix-build-hdf5-1.14.0.drv-0/hdf5-1.14.0/src/H5FDsubfiling". It
is required in the 'configure phase, but can be removed afterwards.

Additionally, I noticed that the hdf5 source tarballs contain many
autogenerated files, so I also removed them. Somehow, the 1.8.23 release
is missing two m4 scripts (which are included in later releases, but
different from this one), so they are copied from the 1.8.21 tarball
(the latest earlier release which includes them).
The genparser script is missing as well, which is copied from the 1.10.9
release.

David Elsing (2):
  gnu: hdf5-1.8: Remove generated files from source
  gnu: hdf5-1.14: Remove spurious include directories.

 gnu/packages/maths.scm                      | 234 +++++++++++++++-----
 gnu/packages/patches/hdf5-config-date.patch |  14 +-
 2 files changed, 188 insertions(+), 60 deletions(-)

base-commit: 76e39909e886bb51cf9b2fa03a1523545faca880
-- 
2.40.1