Subject: Re: [bug#64446] [PATCH] gnu: Add bliss.

From: David Elsing <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 22:14:14 +0000

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

Hello,

thanks for your comments! I noticed that igraph actually contains a
bundled copy of bliss which uses GMP, so I added it as a dependency
here.

>           ;; Move headers under the bliss/ prefix. This is a Guix choice,
>           ;; since the header names are sufficiently generic to cause
>           ;; confusions with other packages ("heap.hh").
In igraph, the bundled copy also has the files under the bliss/ prefix,
so I think it's good we do the same.

> Would you like to give it another try, David? And maybe discuss with the
> author whether they would be willing to implement the bliss/ subdirectory
> for the headers? (Given that there are now separate src/ and build/
> subdirectories that would be quite easy.) And add an "install" target?
I updated the package using the CMake build files in the new version.

During unbundling bliss from igraph, I saw that it also contains
a copy of CXSparse, which led me to split SuiteSparse into its
subpackages: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/66129.

When updating the igraph package, it would be good to use the
suitesparse-cxsparse package right away, so I did not include it yet.
The build with the bliss package succeeds however.

Cheers,
David