Subject: Re: bug#64439: 28.2; auto-fill-mode gets turned on all over the place

From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 14:54:51 -0700

Interestingly, I can't reproduce this on Emacs 30 (latest master), but I 
*can* on Emacs 28.2 and the latest rev on the Emacs 29 branch. I haven't 
dug any further yet to see which commit could have changed this though.

On 7/10/2023 1:57 PM, Jim Porter wrote:
> On 7/10/2023 10:28 AM, Stefan Monnier via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the 
> Swiss army knife of text editors wrote:
>> Jim, did you collect various backtraces?  Do you still have them?
>> Can you check more thoroughly to try and see what they all have in common
>> (in addition to `ask-user-about-supersession-threat` and "Tramp")?

Ok, the common factors I can see right now are:

* 'ask-user-about-supersession-threat'
* Only happens when I press Enter

Tramp seems to have nothing to do with this.

>> Can you get an interactive backtrace buffer?  If so, I'd be curious to
>> know the values that
>>
>>      e (list auto-fill-function (default-value 'auto-fill-function)) RET
>>
>> returns and more importantly, how it varies from frame to frame.

The result appears to be (do-auto-fill do-auto-fill) everywhere.