Subject: Re: bug#64423: 29.0.92; save-interprogram-paste-before-kill doesn't prevent streaming large selections

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2023 19:41:36 +0300

> From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
>  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2023 16:32:31 +0000
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > You cannot "make Emacs more concurrent", not by and large.  We can
> > make small improvements here and there, if we tread cautiously and do
> > careful damage control after each such change, but that's all.
> 
> I feel that I am repeating an already proposed idea, but what about
> concurrent isolated process that interacts with the main process?

(This stuff should not be discussed on the bug tracker, but on
emacs-devel.)

If you mean what the async package does, then yes, this is a workable
idea.  But it doesn't need to change anything in Emacs, and it has
some downsides, like the difficulties in sharing state with the other
process.