Subject: 23.0.60; diary-anniversary failure

From: [email-masked] (Eythan Weg)
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 13:02:58 -0400

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

emacs -Q
M-: (setq diary-file "~/dd")

the content of dd is:

%%(diary-anniversary 11 14 2008) Y's Birthday 
%%(diary-anniversary 1 14 2008) X's Birthday 

Start the calendar.  Check the diary for the two
dates.  The first anniversary fails to show.  The
second works.

Thanks,  Eythan

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
/home/weg/sources/emacs/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.10)
 of 2008-08-03 on gauss
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10402000
configured using `configure  '--enable-font-backend''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
C-s f i s <return> <return> M-x g n u s <return> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-u 3 0 <return> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <return> <down> <return> <down> <return> 
<down> <return> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <return> SPC <backspace> <down> <return> <backspace> 
<up> <up> <return> SPC SPC <backspace> SPC <down> <down> 
<up> <return> M-x e m a c s - v TAB <return> M-x C-g 
C-g C-h f e m a c s - v e TAB <return> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> <help-echo> <down-mouse-2> 
<mouse-2> <help-echo> <down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <return> <down> <up> <up> 
<return> <down> <return> <down> <return> SPC <backspace> 
M-x b u g TAB <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> r e p o TAB C-g C-g C-h f r e p o r t - 
e m TAB b TAB <return> M-x r e p o TAB r TAB b u g 
<return> a n n i v e r s a r y SPC <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
C-g M-c c <backspace> C-g C-g M-x c a l e TAB <return> 
<menu-bar> <Diary> <Insert Anniversary> C-x b <return> 
M-x r e p o TAB r TAB e m TAB <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> - b u TAB <return>

Recent messages:
Making completion list...
Quit [2 times]
Type C-x 4 C-o RET to restore the other window.
Making completion list...
Quit
call-interactively: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *Summary nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.pretest.bugs*>
Mark all unread articles as read? (y or n) 
Quit [2 times]
Mark set
Making completion list...