Subject: 29.0.90; C-x t o while in minibuffer copies the current tab to the next tab

From: Spencer Baugh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 14:14:58 -0400

1. emacs -Q
2. C-x t 2 to create a new tab
3. C-x b *Messages* RET
   Now the first tab should have only *scratch* open,
   and the second tab should have only *Messages* open,
   and we're in the second tab.
4. M-: (read-from-minibuffer "") RET
5. While in minibuffer, C-x t o to switch to the first tab
6. RET to exit minibuffer
7. The first tab now has *Messages* open.

This also applies to more complicated window configurations: the whole
window configuration will be copied from the tab that the minibuffer was
first open in, to the tab that was entered with C-x t o.

This also happens if the minibuffer is exited with C-g.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.90 (build 9, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.15.12, Xaw scroll bars) of 2023-06-13 built on
 igm-qws-u22796a
Repository revision: 2ff60641725661c306ed172ca09a8452d9be0db1
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: CentOS Linux 7 (Core)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-gif=ifavailable'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr cl-print byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile debug
backtrace find-func thingatpt help-fns radix-tree emacsbug message
mailcap yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils subr-x cl-extra help-mode icons
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 76697 13286)
 (symbols 48 10635 0)
 (strings 32 27067 2042)
 (string-bytes 1 806210)
 (vectors 16 12147)
 (vector-slots 8 176898 14217)
 (floats 8 40 52)
 (intervals 56 423 53)
 (buffers 976 14)
 (heap 1024 13951 1022))