Subject: [bug#64369] Request for merging "mesa-updates" branch

From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 15:54:55 +0000

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 20, 2023 at 06:58 PM, 宋文武 wrote:

>>
>>     gnu: mesa: Enable zstd compression for shader cache.
>>
>>     * gnu/packages/gl.scm (mesa)[inputs]: Add zstd:lib.
>>     [arguments]: Add '-Dzstd=enabled' to configure-flags.
>
> Pushed to the mesa-updates branch, merging progress tracked in
> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/64369.
>
> Thanks.

I just saw this as the message only went to the bug number. I would not
have merged this yet without checking about build status after the big
texlive updates. I was hoping to avoid a full rebuild so we could merge
to master with substitutes already, after checking post-texlive and the
graft of mesa on master.

However, doesn't seem like Cuirass has picked up this change and hasn't
built yet. Any idea why?

My plan right now was going to be to merge master into mesa-updates, see
what the build status looks like, and then decide from there. If there
were not too many rebuilds (say less than 1000) from the updates on
master, we should be able to go ahead soon. And then start on the next
round of patches/updates for mesa-updates.

On the other hand, if there were lots of rebuilds there are other
patches waiting that should be used also (libdrm, libva if I remember)
as well as ungrafting the change on master. So, preventing waiting and
doing another big rebuild with the changes that have been waiting since
the first build of this branch.

What do people think? My thought right now was to revert this change
(since it rebuilds all of mesa dependents), merge master in, and check
the status. But I'm confused why Cuirass wasn't building..

John