Subject: bug#6436: 23.2; C-h C-h incomprehensible to new users

From: Arne Babenhauserheide <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 08:18:51 +0200

Hi, 

The integrated help in emacs is a great tool for beginners to learn emacs, and 
C-h d, C-h k, C-h m and C-h t are extremely useful. 

Sadly the sheer number of help options made it extremely hard for me in the 
beginning to find out what help I really needed. Most times is was simply C-h d 
or C-h k. 

So I’d suggest to seperate the help options into two parts: “needed often by 
most people” and “needed only in very specific situations”. 

Then just put the first at the beginning of the help output (common help 
options) and in a next paragraph add the rest (advanced help options). 

That should make it far easier for beginners to find the help topic they need 
(and I can safely tell people “if you need help, just type C-h C-h”). 

Best wishes, 
and many thanks for emacs!
— Arne

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2010-05-14 on fluss
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' '--
host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--
infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--
localstatedir=/var/lib' '--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--program-suffix=-emacs-23' '--
infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-23' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib64' '--with-sound' 
'--with-x' '--without-gconf' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--with-gif' '--
with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xpm' '--with-xft' 
'--with-libotf' '--with-m17n-flt' '--with-x-toolkit=athena' '--without-hesiod' 
'--without-kerberos' '--without-kerberos5' '--with-gpm' '--with-dbus' 
'build_alias=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-
march=k8 -O2 -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  real-global-auto-complete-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-c M-! h g SPC p u s <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> 
C-x 1 C-x # <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x a <backspace> 
p a g e <tab> - m e <tab> <backspace> o <tab> <tab> 
C-g C-g <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x C-f <backspace> 
a c <tab> <return> p a <backspace> <backspace> a c 
t i l <backspace> v a t i <backspace> e - p a g e - 
m o d e . e l <return> <return> M-x e s c <backspace> 
h e l l <return> c d SPC <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
C-x k <return> M-x <up> <return> c d SPC . . <return> 
c d SPC l i <tab> <return> g i t SPC c l o n e SPC 
<down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> <return> <up> <return> <up> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <down-mouse-2> 
<mouse-2> <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> C-x b <return> C-x b <return> C-d C-d C-d 
C-x k <return> C-x k <return> C-x b n a <return> C-x 
k <return> C-x k * w <return> C-x k O C-g C-g C-x # 
C-x C-c M-x r e p o <tab> <tab> r <tab> <tab> <tab> 
b <tab> <return> C - h SPC u n u s <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> i n w <backspace> c o m p e 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> h 
SPC <left> <left> C - <end> C-x o C-h C-h C-g C-x h 
C-h h C-r C-r g C-g C-g <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x 
k <return> <backspace> M-x r e p o <tab> t <backspace> 
r <tab> b <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Quit [2 times]
No server buffers remain to edit
(No files need saving)
When done with this frame, type C-x 5 0
Making completion list... [2 times]
Note: file is write protected
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
Quit [2 times]
byte-code: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sha1 hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/sha1
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides /usr/share/emacs/site-
lisp/gnus/hex-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/ezimage hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/ezimage
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sha1 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/sha1
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/md4
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/pgg hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/pgg
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/pgg-def hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/pgg-
def
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/pgg-pgp hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/pgg-
pgp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/pgg-gpg hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/pgg-
gpg
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/speedbar/sb-image hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/sb-image
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/speedbar/dframe hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/dframe
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/format-spec hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/format-spec
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/hex-
util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/pgg-pgp5 hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/pgg-
pgp5
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/pgg-parse hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/pgg-parse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/speedbar/speedbar hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/speedbar
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/remember/remember hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/textmodes/remember
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ruby-mode/ruby-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-rmail hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-rmail
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-table hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-table
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-mhe hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-mhe
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-mac-message hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-mac-message
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-src hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-src
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-footnote hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-footnote
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-html hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-html
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-install hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-install
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-compat hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-compat
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-bibtex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-bbdb hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-w3m hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-w3m
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-info hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-info
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-irc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-irc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-mew hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-mew
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-crypt hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-crypt
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-wl hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-wl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-jsinfo hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-inlinetask hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-attach hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-attach
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-feed hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-feed
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-latex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-latex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-xoxo hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-xoxo
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-exp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-exp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-exp-blocks hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-gnus hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-gnus
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-publish hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-publish
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-vm hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-vm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-clock hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-clock
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-colview hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-colview
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-remember hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-remember
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-docbook hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-docbook
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-archive hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-archive
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-habit hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-habit
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-plot hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-plot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-icalendar hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-icalendar
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-timer hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-timer
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-protocol hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-protocol
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-mobile hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-mobile
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-indent hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-indent
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-mouse hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-mouse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-datetree hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-datetree
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-id hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-id
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-freemind hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-freemind
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-macs hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-macs
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-list hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-list
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-faces hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-faces
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-agenda hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-agenda
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/org-ascii hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/org/org-ascii
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-valid hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-valid
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-xsd hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-xsd
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-nxml hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-nxml
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-parse hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-parse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-match hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-match
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/xsd-regexp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/xsd-regexp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-cmpct hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-cmpct
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-maint hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-maint
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-uchnm hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-uchnm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-maint hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-maint
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-rap hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-rap
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-loc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-loc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-util hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-util hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-glyph hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-glyph
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-pttrn hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-pttrn
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-enc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-enc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-ns hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-ns
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-parse hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-parse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/xmltok hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/xmltok
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-dt hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-dt
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-outln hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-outln
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/rng-uri hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/rng-uri
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml-mode/nxml-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/nxml/nxml-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/dns hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/dns
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/tls hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/tls
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/netrc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/netrc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/imap hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/imap
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/dig hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/dig
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/uudecode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/mail/uudecode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/binhex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/mail/binhex
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/spam-report hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/spam-report
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/qp hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/qp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gmm-utils hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gmm-utils
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-ems hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-ems
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/legacy-gnus-agent hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/legacy-gnus-agent
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mail-parse hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mail-parse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnml hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnml
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-nocem hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-nocem
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mm-url hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mm-url
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mml hides /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mml
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/sieve-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/sieve-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/smime hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/smime
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-move hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-move
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnwarchive hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnwarchive
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mm-view hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mm-view
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-ml hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-ml
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/rfc2104 hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/rfc2104
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-delay hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-delay
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mml2015 hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mml2015
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-soup hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-soup
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-vm hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-vm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/spam hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/spam
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnrss hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnrss
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nndir hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nndir
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/messcompat hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/messcompat
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnmaildir hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnmaildir
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mail-prsvr hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mail-prsvr
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnlistserv hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnlistserv
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mm-decode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mm-decode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-kill hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-kill
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnagent hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnagent
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-cite hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-cite
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nngateway hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nngateway
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-dired hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-dired
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-int hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-int
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/rfc1843 hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/rfc1843
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-mlspl hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-mlspl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-uu hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-uu
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-mh hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-mh
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-fun hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-fun
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnimap hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnimap
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-spec hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-spec
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nndraft hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nndraft
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnmail hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnmail
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-diary hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-diary
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-sum hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-sum
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/pop3 hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/pop3
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/earcon hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/earcon
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mm-partial hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mm-partial
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnnil hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnnil
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnslashdot hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnslashdot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-logic hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-logic
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-picon hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-picon
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnmbox hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnmbox
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-group hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-group
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mml-sec hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mml-sec
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnmh hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnmh
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-setup hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-setup
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nntp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nntp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/ietf-drums hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/ietf-drums
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-util hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-registry hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-registry
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnsoup hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnsoup
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-art hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-art
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-salt hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-salt
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnweb hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnweb
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nndb hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nndb
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-cache hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-cache
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/sieve-manage hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/sieve-manage
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-msg hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-msg
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnvirtual hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnvirtual
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-undo hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-undo
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-async hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-async
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/html2text hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/html2text
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/rfc2231 hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/rfc2231
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnkiboze hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnkiboze
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/starttls hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/starttls
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnfolder hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnfolder
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-audio hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-audio
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-cus hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-cus
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnoo hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnoo
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mm-bodies hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mm-bodies
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/deuglify hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/deuglify
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-dup hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-dup
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mm-extern hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mm-extern
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nndoc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nndoc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-topic hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-topic
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-srvr hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-srvr
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-sieve hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-sieve
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mail-source hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mail-source
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/message hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/message
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mm-util hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mm-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-agent hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-agent
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/compface hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/compface
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mml-smime hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mml-smime
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/score-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/score-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-score hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-score
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/yenc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/yenc
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/utf7 hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/utf7
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/rfc2047 hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/rfc2047
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnheader hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnheader
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-bcklg hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-bcklg
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/flow-fill hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/flow-fill
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mml1991 hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mml1991
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nndiary hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nndiary
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mailcap hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mailcap
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnbabyl hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnbabyl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-eform hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-eform
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-demon hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-demon
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nneething hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nneething
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/sieve hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/sieve
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-win hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-win
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-range hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-range
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/smiley hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/smiley
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/spam-stat hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/spam-stat
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-start hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-start
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/canlock hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/canlock
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/nnspool hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/nnspool
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/rfc2045 hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/rfc2045
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mm-uu hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mm-uu
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/gnus-draft hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/gnus-draft
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/mm-encode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/mm-encode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/chart hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/chart
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio-custom hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-custom
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio-speedbar hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-speedbar
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio-base hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-base
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio-comp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-comp
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio-datadebug hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-datadebug
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio-opt hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-opt
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/cedet-files hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/cedet-files
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/mode-local hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/mode-local
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/ede/ede hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/ede
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/semantic/semantic hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/semantic
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/srecode/srecode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/srecode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/pulse hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/pulse
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/cedet hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/cedet
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/inversion hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/inversion
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/data-debug hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/data-debug
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/cedet-idutils hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/cedet-idutils
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/cedet-cscope hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/cedet-cscope
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/cedet-global hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/cedet-global
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/parse-time hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/calendar/parse-time
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnus/time-date hides 
/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/calendar/time-date

Features:
(shadow parse-time mail-extr message idna rfc822 mml mml-sec mml-smime
smime dig mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader canlock thai-util thai-word lao-util
emacsbug rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-uchnm nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph
xmltok semantic-html sgml-mode tabify log-edit pcvs-util add-log
html2text rect tramp-imap tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache
tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp auth-source gnus-util netrc time-date
password-cache format-spec tramp-compat trampver apropos sort
semantic-imenu semantic-sb semantic-edit pymacs wisent-python
semanticdb-mode semantic-decorate-include semanticdb-find
semanticdb-ref semantic-decorate-mode semantic-decorate pulse
wisent-python-wy semantic-wisent wisent imenu ipython shell
python-mode info-look sb-info info compile comint novice w3m-form
mule-util w3m-bookmark w3m-tabmenu w3m-session ffap w3m browse-url
doc-view dired image-mode w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util eieio-opt help-mode view
vc-arch vc-mtn vc-git vc-bzr sha1 sha1-el hex-util vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher pcmpl-unix ansi-color em-unix pcomplete
em-term term disp-table ehelp electric em-script em-prompt em-ls
em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner
em-alias ring esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc
esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util sh-script executable
multi-isearch thingatpt vc-hg markdown-mode noutline outline server
semantic-el semantic-bovine bovine-debug semantic-debug ispell
activate-babenv goto-chg epa-file epa epg epg-config
activate-german-spelling activate-auto-complete easy-mmode
auto-complete-config auto-complete edmacro kmacro popup
activate-markdown ido activate-base jka-compr saveplace paren
cus-start cus-load site-gentoo planner-autoloads gnus-load w3m-load
org-install nxml-enc muse-autoloads cedet cedet-contrib-load
contrib-loaddefs cogre-load cogre-loaddefs speedbar-load
speedbar-loaddefs ede-load ede-loaddefs ede-speedbar ede-files ede
eieio-speedbar semantic-ia-sb semantic-analyze semantic-scope
semantic-analyze-fcn semantic-sort semanticdb-el semanticdb-search
semantic-find semanticdb semantic-ctxt semantic-format
semantic-util-modes semantic-util semantic semantic-lex semantic-tag
working fame speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe easymenu assoc
eieio-custom wid-edit ede-source eieio-base srecode-load srecode
srecode-loaddefs semantic-load semantic-fw semantic-loaddefs
mode-local find-func derived eieio-load eieio-loaddefs cedet-load
cedet-compat cedet-loaddefs eieio advice help-fns advice-preload
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl cl-19 inversion bbdb-autoloads bbdb
regexp-opt timezone tex-site auto-loads tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset
image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

--
Ich hab' nichts zu verbergen – hab ich gedacht: 

- http://draketo.de/licht/lieder/ich-hab-nichts-zu-verbergen