Subject: 29.0.91; (emacs) `Registers'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 19:36:01 +0000

The node says this in the beginning:

 A register can store a position, a piece of text, a rectangle, a
 number, a window configuration, or a file name, but only one thing at
 any given time.  Whatever you store in a register remains there until
 you store something else in that register.  To see what register R
 contains, use 'M-x view-register':

But the subnodes also talk about holding a frame-configuration in a
register.  Should the top-level node be updated similarly?

In GNU Emacs 29.0.91 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2023-05-14 built
 on AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19045.3086)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation
 --without-compress-install --with-tree-sitter CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)