Subject: bug#64347: 30.0.50; Some customize faces shown as edited with -Q

From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 10:45:38 -0300

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

 >> Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2023 20:12:38 -0300
 >> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
 >> From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
 >>
 >> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
 >>
 >>  > OK, but why does it have to do that on the original value? It could
 >>  > do that on a copy that serves for the display and editing, in which
 >>  > case the original value could be left intact if the user didn't 
change
 >>  > it or did change, but didn't click Apply.  (If the user does modify
 >>  > the original value, then any conversions are okay, since the variable
 >>  > is really "edited".)
 >>
 >> I think my description was inaccurate, because it seemed to imply that
 >> it is a destructive operation.  It is not, it leaves the original value
 >> intact.
 >>
 >> But when deciding to set a state, Custom always consults the spec built
 >> from the data the face Widget has.
 >
 > Can we change this last aspect, so that the state is set using the
 > original spec if the setting was not changed by the user?

That might be possible.  I will check if it doesn't lead to any troubles
and if it actually fixes these inconsistencies.