Subject: bug#64347: 30.0.50; Some customize faces shown as edited with -Q

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 12:15:00 +0200

0. emacs -Q
1. M-x customize-face RET RET
2. Toggle all face entries in the buffer *Customize Faces* (e.g. by
   creating this keyboard macro: C-s C-q C-j S RET C-f and then
   executing it 164 times) and search for the string "EDITED" in the
   buffer.
   => The following faces show the State "EDITED, shown value does not
   take effect until you set or save it.":
   confusingly-reordered
   custom-button
   custom-button-mouse
   custom-button-pressed
   mode-line
   mode-line-highlight
   mode-line-inactive
   tab-bar-tab
   tool-bar
   All other faces show the State "STANDARD".
3. Clicking the State button of these faces and selecting either "Undo
   Edits" or "Revert This Session's Customization" does not change the
   State shown.
4. Clicking the State button of, e.g., mode-line and selecting "Set for
   Current Session" changes the State shown to "SET for current session
   only."  I see no difference in the appearance of the mode line before
   and after this State change.
5. Clicking the State button of mode-line again and selecting "Revert
   This Session's Customization" changes the State shown back to
   "EDITED, shown value does not take effect until you set or save it.",
   and again the appearance of the mode-line is unchanged.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2023-06-27 built on strobelfssd
Repository revision: cf4ccc58284de50959ea66b1cd2655ab2fa4d15b
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101008
System Description: Linux From Scratch r11.3-100-systemd

Configured using:
 'configure -C --with-xwidgets 'CFLAGS=-Og -g3'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/qt5/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM
XINPUT2 XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB