Subject: 29.0.92; treesit/fill-paragraph syntax highlighting problem

From: Troy Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 12:46:04 -0400

I've noticed this problem on multiple tree-sitter major modes including
c-ts-mode, c++-ts-mode, java-ts-mode, bash-ts-mode.  I haven't tried
others, but I suspect those might also suffer from this problem.

The issue occurs when attempting to fill the paragraph of a comment
block.  The following comment block can be used as an example to
reproduce the problem and happens with "emacs -Q" (assuming
corresponding tree-sitter libraries are available).

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
// The quick brown fox jumps over the
// lazy dog.
// The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Switch to one of the tree-sitter modes (e.g., M-x java-ts-mode).  Move
point to the first line of the comment block above and then execute the
fill-paragraph command (i.e., M-q).

The text which is wrapped onto the first line of the comment block will
be highlighted incorrectly.  The results appear as if the comment
delimiter was removed, fontification occurred, then the text was moved
to the first line of the comment block and never refontified with the
comment face.