Subject: bug#64315: closed (Re: bug#64315: Acknowledgement (30.0.50; yasnippets not working due to change in bytecomp.el))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 18:33:02 +0000

Your bug report

#64315: 30.0.50; yasnippets not working due to change in bytecomp.el

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
64315: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64315
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#64315: Acknowledgement (30.0.50; yasnippets not working due to change in bytecomp.el)
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 21:33:18 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 18:48:19 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked], Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> 
> Yes, that did it! Thanks a ton, /PA

Thanks for testing, I'm closing the bug.

Subject: 30.0.50; yasnippets not working due to change in bytecomp.el
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 11:06:59 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Preconditions:
some snippets in ~/.emacs.d/snippets/emacs-lisp-mode

Procedure:
emacs -Q
M-x p-l-p to instal yasnippet (0.14.1)
M-x yas-global-mode
Try out one of my snippets in the *scratch* buffer

I used the following commits (where emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/bytecomp.el is
changed) to track down the breaking change:

Commit                                   Test
0d411a0a6df83168c4f9bfed40803de7ec79ef14 OK
c9c0d1cf7f6ab6bbd93941c23304a25b81b29fd5 OK
ef1394fca0405bb3738f4f08c21c2d0ca8602d52 KO

In the first KO, placeholders are not working as expected

It all started when I saw the following message on master:

yas--template-menu-binding-pair-get-create: Symbol's function definition
is void: \(setf\ internal--with-suppressed-warnings\)

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-06-27 built on 0ecd9d511a7f
Repository revision: ef1394fca0405bb3738f4f08c21c2d0ca8602d52
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201001
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=30 --with-json --with-x
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-cairo --with-compress-install
 --with-modules=yes --with-threads --with-included-regex --with-zlib
 --with-tree-sitter=no --with-native-compilation=yes 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -ffile-prefix-map=/home/paag/emacs=. -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects
 -flto=auto -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: es_ES.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/latex-cjk-thai/thai-word hides
/usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/language/thai-word

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date comp comp-cstr
warnings icons rx cl-extra yasnippet help-mode
modus-operandi-tinted-theme modus-themes yasnippet-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 165363 19455)
 (symbols 48 12004 0)
 (strings 32 30048 1665)
 (string-bytes 1 872455)
 (vectors 16 20533)
 (vector-slots 8 417269 13982)
 (floats 8 67 33)
 (intervals 56 263 0)
 (buffers 976 11))
-- 
Fragen sind nicht da, um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run
a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet