Subject: Re: bug#64310: 29.0.92; pure-GTK warning under Wayland

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 22:21:05 +0530

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

>> If the bug is not reproducible, we can close it as such.
>>

It is reproducible at my end. But if it not widely encountered then it
should be noted in "known problems".

>>> Do we have an option that prompts emacsclient to print the output it's
>>> sending through the server socket?
>>
>> No, but it should be easy to add this: see send_to_emacs in
>> emacsclient.c.  You can also see what was received by the server if
>> you set server-log non-nil: then the server will log the received
>> directives in the " *server*" buffer.
>>
>> Not sure how this would help you, given the description of the
>> original problem, though.  Am I missing something?
>
> It occured to me that such logs from Pankaj's machine might help me
> devise a fix or the means to reproduce the problem myself.

Let me try to produce logs as suggested above. I will be able to do this
over the coming weekend.