Subject: bug#64300: 28.2; Can no longer input some tokens.

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2023 11:37:56 +0300

> Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 09:30:31 +0200
> From: Christian Brolin <[email-masked]>
> 
> I'm using a Swedish keyboard and running emacs in Kubuntu 23.04. From
> today, I can no longer input, e.g. ~ or ^ by typing AltGr-X or Shift-X
> where X is the key left to the Enter key, containing those symbols as
> well as a horizontal colon.
> 
> When this was working, I pressed the X key in combination with a letter or
> most often space. Now I just get a small pop-up with a gray background
> containing the symbolunderlined. I don't know what to do with this
> pop-up. It I press space or any other key it just disappear and nothing
> goes into my buffer. I tried to click on it with the mouse but it
> doesn't react. Also, if I first click on of the AltGr-X or Shift-X and
> then the other the pop-up expands to show both symbols and then I can
> add more of them even without alternate. Don't know how this is useful.
> 
> Btw, the ~ and ^ in this report I got by entering them in the terminal
> can copied them from there.

Can someone please look into this?  I don't have access to GNU/Linux
systems localized that way.