Subject: Re: bug#64300: 28.2; Can no longer input some tokens.

From: Christian Brolin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 18:41:11 +0200

Added a reference to *en_SE*

On 2023-07-06 13:50, Po Lu wrote:
> $XMODIFIERS, $LANG, and that of `locale-coding-system',

Hi again,

I reverted my change to the menu item, started Emacs, verified that I 
can't type ~, and performed:

Shell command: echo "$XMODIFIERS, $LANG"
*@im=ibus, en_SE.UTF-8*

This LANG value is what I get by default, don't know where it comes from 
but seems correct because I mostly use English but live in Sweden.

https://www.localeplanet.com/icu/en-SE/index.html

I also tried to explicitly specify LANG=en_*S**V*.UTF-8, doesn't work. 
As well as LANG=en_US.UTF-8 and LANG=sv_SE.UTF-8 which both work and as 
before LANG=C.UTF-8 which also works. I have not experienced any 
problems to type ~ in other applications. Seems to me that Emacs doesn't 
like when not using the main language for the chosen location... The 
value of XMODIFIER didn't change. Nor did the below variable:

Describe variable: locale-coding-system
locale-coding-system is a variable defined in ‘C source code’.

*Its value is ‘utf-8-unix’**
*
Coding system to use with system messages.
Also used for decoding keyboard input on X Window system, and for
encoding standard output and error streams.

   Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 21.1.