Subject: bug#64300: 28.2; Can no longer input some tokens.

From: Christian Brolin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 09:30:31 +0200

Hi

I'm using a Swedish keyboard and running emacs in Kubuntu 23.04. From
today, I can no longer input, e.g. ~ or ^ by typing AltGr-X or Shift-X
where X is the key left to the Enter key, containing those symbols as
well as a horizontal colon.

When this was working, I pressed the X key in combination with a letter or
most often space. Now I just get a small pop-up with a gray background
containing the symbolunderlined. I don't know what to do with this
pop-up. It I press space or any other key it just disappear and nothing
goes into my buffer. I tried to click on it with the mouse but it
doesn't react. Also, if I first click on of the AltGr-X or Shift-X and
then the other the pop-up expands to show both symbols and then I can
add more of them even without alternate. Don't know how this is useful.

Btw, the ~ and ^ in this report I got by entering them in the terminal
can copied them from there.

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.37, 
cairo version 1.16.0)
of 2023-03-16, modified by Debian built on lcy02-amd64-035
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101007
System Description: Ubuntu 23.04

Configured using:
'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
--sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec
--localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
--mandir=/usr/share/man --with-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/28.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp 

--with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils
--with-native-compilation --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
--sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec
--localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
--mandir=/usr/share/man --with-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/28.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/28.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp 

--with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils
--with-native-compilation --with-cairo --with-x=yes
--with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
-ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs-ezKr5Y/emacs-28.2+1=. 
-fstack-protector-strong
-Wformat -Werror=format-security
-fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs-ezKr5Y/emacs-28.2+1=/usr/src/emacs-1:28.2+1-13ubuntu3 

-Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LC_MONETARY: sv_SE.UTF-8
value of $LC_NUMERIC: sv_SE.UTF-8
value of $LC_TIME: sv_SE.UTF-8
value of $LANG: en_SE.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
savehist-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/christian/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230213.1337/transient hides 
/usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cus-edit pp
cus-start cus-load hs-lint derived lsp-mode comp comp-cstr warnings
cl-extra help-mode lsp-protocol xref project tree-widget wid-edit
spinner pcase network-stream puny nsm rmc markdown-mode color thingatpt
noutline outline easy-mmode lv inline imenu ht filenotify f s ewoc epg
rfc6068 epg-config dash compile text-property-search comint ansi-color
ring finder-inf edmacro kmacro savehist rx info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 352755 20490)
(symbols 48 25468 1)
(strings 32 106133 5529)
(string-bytes 1 2877034)
(vectors 16 38081)
(vector-slots 8 661719 22711)
(floats 8 161 41)
(intervals 56 387 0)
(buffers 992 12))