Subject: bug#643: Battery update

From: Emre Sahin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 00:54:20 +0300

David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
>> Chong Yidong wrote:
>>> Even though it's the feature freeze, I think it's necessary to ensure
>>> that battery.el works at least at a basic level.
>> 
>> Just out of curiosity: Why is it necessary that battery.el works? Is not
>> this information something that the OS normally gives the user without
>> Emacs?
>> 
>
> not if you're running emacs fullscreen I guess, can't see a tray icon
> then...
>

I'm using ratpoison WM and using Emacs in full screen. (I suggest you
to try ratpoison, stumpwm or xmonad like "tiling wm"s and find "taste
of emacs" in their screen estate management. By the way, stumpwm has
its configuration in Common Lisp, and xmonad in Haskell, if that makes
a difference for you.)

There are no icons or bars or anything around. There is nothing except
Emacs' mode line to show battery information, hence battery.el. :)

Best Regards,

Emre

-- 
I. Emre Sahin                   @ Ankara, Turkey 
Software Developer & Consultant @ http://ydyazilim.com
Ph.D. Candidate       		@ http://cs.bilkent.edu.tr
Blogger, Writer, Poet  		@ http://emresahin.net
Maybe hears the phone  		@ +90 532 261 8985
Maybe gtalk (or jabber)   	@ [email-masked]