Subject: 29.0.92; Emacs manual mentions ‘package-vc-refresh’

From: Sebastian Miele <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2023 14:54:46 +0200

The file doc/emacs/package.texi mention ‘package-vc-refresh’.  However,
that function does not exists.  Instead, ChangeLog.4 contains:

  Rename 'package-vc-refresh' to 'package-vc-rebuild'

In GNU Emacs 29.0.92 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-06-25 built on huette
Repository revision: d0147ff9e507cc4e99e0574eab106f95c8e9df1f
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101008
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk --with-native-compilation=yes
 --with-tree-sitter --with-json --with-mailutils --with-imagemagick'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  org-superstar-mode: t
  envrc-global-mode: t
  envrc-mode: t
  buffer-name-relative-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  info-rename-buffer-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: org-auto-fill-function
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/w/.config/w-emacs/usr/transient-20230602.2121/transient hides /home/w/usr/emacs/0/.0/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow face-remap emacsbug vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs log-view rect saveplace oc-basic ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc
ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi vc-git
display-line-numbers whx-init::later whx-etc::gc whx::binary-unit-prefix
mu4e mu4e-org mu4e-notification notifications mu4e-main mu4e-view
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win
mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions smtpmail mu4e-search
mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark mu4e-message flow-fill mule-util
hl-line mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-context
mu4e-query-items mu4e-server mu4e-modeline mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers
mu4e-config mu4e-window ido mu4e-obsolete ob-python ob-shell
org-superstar ol-man whx::password whx::pcase whx::walk ox-odt rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar org-agenda ox-html table
ox-ascii ox-publish ox eglot external-completion array jsonrpc ert ewoc
envrc inheritenv web-mode disp-table css-mode sgml-mode facemenu eww
url-queue shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg xml dom mm-url gnus
nnheader range docker-compose-mode dockerfile-mode apache-mode systemd
pkgbuild-mode flymake-proc flymake cmake-font-lock cmake-mode rst
gitignore-mode gitconfig-mode conf-mode gitattributes-mode python
sh-script smie executable lua-mode advice json-mode json-snatcher js
c-ts-common treesit cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine yaml-mode vcard markdown-mode color tex-mode compile
buffer-name-relative gptel-transient gptel editorconfig
editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch
ace-window avy embark-org org-element org-persist xdg org-id org-refile
avl-tree generator embark-consult embark ffap thingatpt org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-entities ob-emacs-lisp org-table ol org-loaddefs
noutline outline marginalia vertico-quick vertico-directory vertico
orderless mb-depth magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode
easy-mmode git-commit log-edit message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode
magit-git magit-base magit-section cursor-sensor crm diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-iso cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs helpful cc-langs
cc-vars cc-defs imenu trace edebug info-look f f-shortdoc help-fns
radix-tree elisp-refs man wdired dired dired-loaddefs info-rename-buffer
consult-xref xref project consult bookmark text-property-search tramp-sh
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat
shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 server whx::safe-local org-src
org-keys oc ob-comint comint ansi-osc ansi-color ob-core org-cycle
org-fold org-fold-core org-compat ob-eval whx-etc::0 whx::transient comp
comp-cstr warnings whx::arg transient cl-extra edmacro kmacro
whx-etc::elisp whx::bind whx::log whx::meta whx::cl whx::elisp
wNL-feature whx::string s whx::error debug backtrace help-mode find-func
macrostep ring whx-etc::session savehist recentf tree-widget whx::custom
whx-etc::custom whx-etc::core-settings so-long whx-etc-modus-themes
modus-vivendi-tritanopia-theme modus-operandi-tritanopia-theme
modus-vivendi-deuteranopia-theme modus-operandi-deuteranopia-theme
modus-vivendi-tinted-theme modus-operandi-tinted-theme
modus-vivendi-theme org-faces org-version org-macs format-spec whx::face
whx::alist whx::plist whx::list dash modus-operandi-theme modus-themes
diminish time-date no-littering compat finder-inf ace-window-autoloads
apache-mode-autoloads async-autoloads avy-autoloads
buffer-name-relative-autoloads cmake-font-lock-autoloads
cmake-mode-autoloads debbugs-autoloads diminish-autoloads
docker-compose-mode-autoloads dockerfile-mode-autoloads
editorconfig-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads
embark-autoloads envrc-autoloads geiser-guile-autoloads geiser-autoloads
git-modes-autoloads gptel-autoloads helpful-autoloads
elisp-refs-autoloads f-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads hact set hhist
info-rename-buffer-autoloads inheritenv-autoloads json-mode-autoloads
json-snatcher-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads macrostep-autoloads
magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
dash-autoloads marginalia-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
modus-themes-autoloads no-littering-autoloads orderless-autoloads
org-superstar-autoloads pkgbuild-mode-autoloads s-autoloads
systemd-autoloads transient-autoloads vcard-autoloads vertico-autoloads
vimrc-mode-autoloads web-mode-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
compat-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads info whx-init::early whx-boot
whx-boot::litter wB0-run-level wBC-run-level whx-packages package-vc vc
vc-dispatcher lisp-mnt package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio
eieio-core password-cache json map byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars whx-boot-etc::directories whx-boot::after-init-hook
whx-boot-etc::core-settings cus-edit pp cus-load icons wid-edit
whx-boot-lib::custom whx-boot-lib::fs-path cl-seq whx-boot-lib::symbol
whx-boot::session-type whx-boot::verbosity whx-boot-lib::log
whx-boot::early-cmdline whx-boot-lib::string rx wBL-feature
whx-boot-lib::0 whx-boot-lib::list subr-x whx-boot-lib::meta
whx-boot-lib::pcase pcase whx-boot-lib::error cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 900571 437953)
 (symbols 48 62985 12)
 (strings 32 270953 35916)
 (string-bytes 1 7851733)
 (vectors 16 108738)
 (vector-slots 8 2907624 166807)
 (floats 8 756 2270)
 (intervals 56 2174 0)
 (buffers 984 16))