Subject: libasr is unmaintained upstream

From: Omar Polo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 17:26:33 +0200

Hello,

I'm not a guix user so can't send patches, hope this is the correct
way to report issues however.

The upstream libasr-portable repository was archived, as the project
was unmaintained (and unmaintenable in some sense) for some time:

	https://github.com/OpenSMTPD/libasr/

OpenSMTPD (its only consumer I guess) doesn't depend on it anymore, it
should be built with the bundled version that was updated.

The configure script still looks for `libasr' so that it continues to
build on OpenBSD, but on other systems it should use the bundled
libasr.  There's a configure flag --with-bundled-libasr to force the
usage of the bundled version.

Thanks,

Omar Polo

P.S.: looking at the recipe for OpenSMTPD I noticed the comment
      "reccomended, and supports e.g. ECDSA".  While it's true that
      it's reccomended to build with LibreSSL, ec keys should work
      just as fine with OpenSSL.  The only issue is the combo OpenSSL
      3.x + LibreTLS 3.7.0 due to a known regression that will be
      fixed in a upcoming release (I hope) since LibreSSL' tls did it:
      https://github.com/libressl/openbsd/commit/318ad8e73e