Subject: Re: bug#64270: 30.0.50; Font update for no toolkit menu

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 09:08:45 +0200

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I thought that the font's XLFD string would be a good candidate to pass
>> this information since it should be understood by XLoadQueryFont.  But
>> unfortunately, the XLFD returned by font_unparse_xlfd are not.
>>
>> For instance, XLoadQueryFont can understand
>> "-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-22-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" but not
>> "-misc-fixed-regular-r-normal-*-22-*-*-*-*-*-*-*".  Do you think I need
>> a function to « normalize » the XLFD returned by font_unparse_xlfd?  Or
>> maybe I'm missing something?
>
> I don't understand why you're trying to ``normalize'' the second invalid
> XLFD: RELATIVE_SETWIDTH can't be `regular'.

Ah then I have a bug in Emacs' XLFD generation on my system.  Here is
what I get with 'C-u C-x =':

    ftcrhb:-Misc-Fixed-regular-normal-normal-*-18-*-*-*-c-90-iso10646-1 (#x59)
-- 
Manuel Giraud