Subject: [bug#64259] [PATCH 0/2] Allow booting of degraded software RAID/MD arrays

From: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 19:05:36 -0700

This commit series cures a dangerous condition for users of MD arrays in GNU
Guix. Such arrays are presently unlikely to boot after a drive
failure. Instead the user is dropped into an early boot Guile shell.

That behaviour contradicts the expectations of many users of such arrays.

These commits were tested over several months on two production machines. The
changes also includes a system test of the new facility.

Please feel free to make any edits to this series as needed, without checking
with the author. Thanks!

Felix Lechner (2):
  Offer an mdadm variant of uuids.
  Provide md-array-device-mapping to start MD arrays via UUID or name.

 doc/guix.texi                 | 28 +++++++++++----------
 gnu/system/mapped-devices.scm | 38 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 gnu/system/uuid.scm           | 46 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 gnu/tests/install.scm         | 32 ++++++++++++------------
 4 files changed, 110 insertions(+), 34 deletions(-)

base-commit: d6dc82e8cdb2d6114a12b06d449ce7f1150c7f70
-- 
2.40.1