Subject: 23.2; Scrolling in a split window

From: Konrad Podczeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:14:40 +0200

Split a window vertically into two sub-windows, say A and B. Make A the
active subwindow. Now, without making B active, go with the mouse to the
scroll-bar of B and drag it. Then scrolling in both sub-windows
happens. 

This was not so with Emacs 22.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.29)
of 2010-05-09 on black.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038
configured using `configure  '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin' '--build=i686-apple-darwin' '--with-ns' 'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin' 'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin' 'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.5''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: LaTeX

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
s-o <down-mouse-1> <drag-mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-2> 
<mouse-2> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <drag-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> 
<triple-down-mouse-1> <triple-mouse-1> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x s p l i 
t SPC w SPC SPC v e r SPC <return> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 
<down-mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> 
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc
time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1
hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug tex-mode regexp-opt compile shell
comint ring latexenc tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
ns-win easymenu tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)