Subject: [PATCH ocaml-team v3 0/6] Update and break opam (but nothing else)

From: pukkamustard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 12:23:57 +0000

Hello!

Some changes versus v2:

- opam is split into smaller builds before updating. The size of the new opam
  package decreases from ~600MiB to ~80MiB (mostly as the OCaml compiler is no
  longer referenced).

- We add the `opam-installer` package. This can be used by packages that
  require opam for installation (e.g. ocaml-react or ocaml-jsonm). There are no
  more packages that require opam as build dependency.

- Update `opam` to 2.1.5 as last step. This still breaks the build of `opam`,
  but nothing else as `opam-installer` builds at version 2.1.5.

-pukkamustard

pukkamustard (6):
  gnu: ocaml: Update to 4.14.1.
  gnu: coq: Update to 8.17.1.
  gnu: dune-bootstrap: Update to 3.9.1.
  gnu: opam: Split build into smaller sub-packages.
  gnu: Add opam-installer.
  FIXME: gnu: opam: Update to 2.1.5.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   4 -
 gnu/packages/coq.scm                          |  24 +-
 gnu/packages/ocaml.scm                        | 365 ++++++++++++------
 .../ocaml-dose3-Fix-for-ocaml-4.06.patch      |  52 ---
 .../ocaml-dose3-Install-mli-cmx-etc.patch     | 133 -------
 .../ocaml-dose3-add-unix-dependency.patch     |  25 --
 .../ocaml-dose3-dont-make-printconf.patch     |   9 -
 7 files changed, 242 insertions(+), 370 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ocaml-dose3-Fix-for-ocaml-4.06.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ocaml-dose3-Install-mli-cmx-etc.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ocaml-dose3-add-unix-dependency.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ocaml-dose3-dont-make-printconf.patch

base-commit: 01412c6c6a98e4da10676560638640d0f33e1a02
-- 
2.40.1