Subject: [bug#64249] [PATCH ocaml-team v2 0/7] Attempt to update ocaml, coq, dune and opam.

From: pukkamustard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 17:38:27 +0000

Hello Guix,

This is a WIP v2 for some updates to the OCaml packages. 

See also https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2023-06/msg00075.html.

Some changes to the v1:

- Update coq to 8.17.1. This fixes a build failure caused by the v1 of this
  series.

- Attempt to update opam to 2.1.5. Build fails with `Error: Unbound value
  Base64.decode_exn` even though the base64 library seems to be available
  properly. When keeping the failed build directory and manually building, build
  seems to work. I'm a bit clueless on what is going on and just posting this in
  the hope that somebody can spot the issue or provide some clues.

- opam package is split into individual sub-libraries. This reduces the size of
  the final `opam` package considerably (tested for 2.1.3).

- The update to `ocaml-dose3` needs to be merged with the opam update commit as
  old opam (2.1.3) does not compile with the new ocaml-dose3.

Thanks,
pukkamustard

pukkamustard (7):
  gnu: ocaml: Update to 4.14.1.
  gnu: coq: Update to 8.17.1.
  gnu: dune-bootstrap: Update to 3.9.1.
  gnu: ocaml-graph: Update to 2.0.0.
  gnu: ocaml-base64: Update to 3.5.1.
  gnu: ocaml-dose3: Update to 7.0.0.
  WIP: gnu: opam: Update to 2.1.5.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   4 -
 gnu/packages/coq.scm                          |  24 +-
 gnu/packages/ocaml.scm                        | 316 +++++++++++++++---
 .../ocaml-dose3-Fix-for-ocaml-4.06.patch      |  52 ---
 .../ocaml-dose3-Install-mli-cmx-etc.patch     | 133 --------
 .../ocaml-dose3-add-unix-dependency.patch     |  25 --
 .../ocaml-dose3-dont-make-printconf.patch     |   9 -
 7 files changed, 268 insertions(+), 295 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ocaml-dose3-Fix-for-ocaml-4.06.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ocaml-dose3-Install-mli-cmx-etc.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ocaml-dose3-add-unix-dependency.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/ocaml-dose3-dont-make-printconf.patch

base-commit: 01412c6c6a98e4da10676560638640d0f33e1a02
-- 
2.40.1