Subject: Re: bug#64226: 30.0.50; emacs-lisp-native-compile-and-load permission error

From: No Wayman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 02:08:45 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Also, please show the backtrace corresponding to the above 
> recipe.
> The backtrace you posted mentions files like
> /home/n/.emacs.d/elpaca/repos/elpaca/elpaca.el, but there's no
> reference to $HOME/elpaca/repos in your recipe above.  So I 
> presume
> the backtrace with the above recipe will mention different 
> files, and
> it is important to see those file names.

I sincerely doubt that will show anything more than what has been 
demonstrated already. 
Here you are from emacs -Q /tmp/test.el (contents mentioned in 
last message):

Compiling /tmp/test.el...done
comp--native-compile: Native compiler error: "/tmp/test.el", 
"Compiling 
/usr/lib/emacs/30.0.50/native-lisp/30.0.50-58a66af6/test-53c62054-ac29ecab.eln...
Creating file with prefix: Permission denied, 
/usr/lib/emacs/30.0.50/native-lisp/30.0.50-58a66af6/test-53c62054-ac29ecab

Error: permission-denied (\"Creating file with prefix\" 
\"Permission denied\" 
\"/usr/lib/emacs/30.0.50/native-lisp/30.0.50-58a66af6/test-53c62054-ac29ecab\")
  mapbacktrace(#f(compiled-function (evald func args flags) 
  #<bytecode -0x6de363c98517970>))
  debug-early-backtrace()
  debug-early(error (permission-denied \"Creating file with 
  prefix\" \"Permission denied\" 
  \"/usr/lib/emacs/30.0.50/native-lisp/30.0.50-58a66af6/test-53c62054-ac29ecab\"))
  make-temp-file(\"/usr/lib/emacs/30.0.50/native-lisp/30.0.50-58a66af6/test-53c62054-ac29ecab\" 
  nil \".eln.tmp\" nil)
  comp--compile-ctxt-to-file(\"/usr/lib/emacs/30.0.50/native-lisp/30.0.50-58a66af6/test-53c62054-ac29ecab.eln\")
  comp-compile-ctxt-to-file(\"/usr/lib/emacs/30.0.50/native-lisp/30.0.50-58a66af6/test-53c62054-ac29ecab.eln\")
  comp-final1()
  load-with-code-conversion(\"/tmp/emacs-int-comp-test-53c62054-ac29ecab-s3wF7W.el\" 
  \"/tmp/emacs-int-comp-test-53c62054-ac29ecab-s3wF7W.el\" nil t)
  command-line-1((\"-l\" 
  \"/tmp/emacs-int-comp-test-53c62054-ac29ecab-s3wF7W.el\"))
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
"