Subject: bug#64226: 30.0.50; emacs-lisp-native-compile-and-load permission error

From: No Wayman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2023 11:28:49 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ping!  Can anyone reproduce this issue and report the details, 
> please?

Still reproducible on my end on two machines:

1. GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.24.38, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-06-28

2. GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.24.38, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-06-15

Native compiler error: 
"/home/n/.emacs.d/elpaca/repos/elpaca/elpaca.el", "Compiling 
/usr/lib/emacs/30.0.50/native-lisp/30.0.50-58a66af6/elpaca-0646d6fc-bfea2b95.eln...
Creating file with prefix: Permission denied, 
/usr/lib/emacs/30.0.50/native-lisp/30.0.50-58a66af6/elpaca-0646d6fc-bfea2b95

Error: permission-denied (\"Creating file with prefix\" 
\"Permission denied\" 
\"/usr/lib/emacs/30.0.50/native-lisp/30.0.50-58a66af6/elpaca-0646d6fc-bfea2b95\")
  mapbacktrace(#f(compiled-function (evald func args flags) 
  #<bytecode 0x1e734bf67ae8647>))
  debug-early-backtrace()
  debug-early(error (permission-denied \"Creating file with 
  prefix\" \"Permission denied\" 
  \"/usr/lib/emacs/30.0.50/native-lisp/30.0.50-58a66af6/elpaca-0646d6fc-bfea2b95\"))
  make-temp-file(\"/usr/lib/emacs/30.0.50/native-lisp/30.0.50-58a66af6/elpaca-0646d6fc-bfea2b95\" 
  nil \".eln.tmp\" nil)
  comp--compile-ctxt-to-file(\"/usr/lib/emacs/30.0.50/native-lisp/30.0.50-58a66af6/elpaca-0646d6fc-bfea2b95.eln\")
  comp-compile-ctxt-to-file(\"/usr/lib/emacs/30.0.50/native-lisp/30.0.50-58a66af6/elpaca-0646d6fc-bfea2b95.eln\")
  comp-final1()
  load-with-code-conversion(\"/tmp/emacs-int-comp-elpaca-0646d6fc-bfea2b95-SXTWTL.el\" 
  \"/tmp/emacs-int-comp-elpaca-0646d6fc-bfea2b95-SXTWTL.el\" nil 
  t)
  command-line-1((\"-l\" 
  \"/tmp/emacs-int-comp-elpaca-0646d6fc-bfea2b95-SXTWTL.el\"))
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
"