Subject: [bug#64222] gnu: go-github-com-godbus-dbus-v5

From: Nguyễn Gia Phong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 13:52:29 +0900

On 2023-10-12 at 17:53+00:00, John Kehayias wrote:
> [godbus's] import name has changed.  Though as an example
> chezmoi seems to have been broken for some time anyway.
> Maybe the import-name doesn't need the v5?

IIUC go-github-com-godbus-dbus is just a name for human consumption,
on the other hand I don't understand how it works without
the import-path matching the one in the go.mod file:

On 2021-08-13 at 20:49-07:00, Sarah Morgensen wrote in patchset 50037:
> -     `(#:import-path "github.com/godbus/dbus"
> +     `(#:import-path "github.com/godbus/dbus/v5"

On 2023-10-12 at 17:53+00:00, John Kehayias wrote:
> Nguyễn and/or Sarah would you like to submit a patch to change the
> import path if needed, enable tests, and make any other changes? I could
> also take a look if no one gets to it quickly.

As stated above, I don't quite understand how go packages work
(when they don't seem to be supposed to), so you two please go ahead.
(BTW you can call me by my given name Phong.)

On 2023-10-12 at 17:53+00:00, John Kehayias wrote:
> I can't help but read this as "god bus"

Yea DBus is short for Dieu Bus anyway.