Subject: Re: bug#64222: [PATCH 0/4] Add senpai IRC client

From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 17:53:34 +0000

Hi Ludo’ and Nguyễn (and cc'ing Sarah from earlier patches),

On Fri, Oct 13, 2023 at 01:16 AM, Nguyễn Gia Phong wrote:

> On 2023-10-12 at 17:12+02:00, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> <https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/64222> was inconclusive
>> (for some reason it had not built all the dependents)
>
> qa.guix.gnu.org was briefly broken at the time IIRC,
> happened to other adjacent patchsets.
>
> On 2023-10-12 at 17:12+02:00, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> so I checked locally and the go-github-com-godbus-dbus upgrade
>> does not introduce new breakage.
>>

I haven't checked but this might need some fixing as based on an earlier
patch for updating godbus (I can't help but read this as "god bus") the
import name has changed. Though as an example chezmoi seems to have been
broken for some time anyway. Maybe the import-name doesn't need the v5?

See

<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50035>

and

<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50037>.

The earlier patch also has fixes for the tests which would be good to
include now.

My apologies to Sarah as my original replies way back when only went to
the bug number (we should document this, easy beginner mistake!) and
once I became a committer this was on my list to update and push but I
didn't get around to it.

Nguyễn and/or Sarah would you like to submit a patch to change the
import path if needed, enable tests, and make any other changes? I could
also take a look if no one gets to it quickly.

>> I wrapped the long ‘description’ lines, removed ‘Signed-off-by’ tags
>> from the logs (they’re for committers), and committed.
>
> Thanks a lot!

Thanks to all on this updates!

John

PS: Looks like one extra signed-off-by tag made it through on a commit.
Oh well, glad I'm not the only one who's not perfect at these things!