Subject: Re: [bug#64203] [PATCH] guix: node-build-system: Delete from peerDependencies too.

From: Jelle Licht <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 12:23:49 +0200

Lars-Dominik Braun <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
>> LGTM. You can consider adding a note to the commit message that thix
>> needed due to a change in how more recent npm versions deal with
>> peerDependencies.
>
> I don’t know anything about that change in npm unfortunately – this
> is purely based on observations of failed builds. Do you have further
> information on this?

The previous version of node we had packaged guix was v14, which came
with npm v6. The most recent version of node we have packaged in guix is
v18, which comes with npm v9.

>From [1]: "In npm versions 3 through 6, peerDependencies were not
automatically installed, and would raise a warning if an invalid version
of the peer dependency was found in the tree. As of npm v7,
peerDependencies are installed by default."

HTH!
 - Jelle

[1]: https://docs.npmjs.com/cli/v9/configuring-npm/package-json#peerdependencies: