Subject: bug#64202: [PATCH] Gnus: Add back end for Atom feeds (nnatom)

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 08:39:08 -0700

On 07/19/23 07:37 AM, Daniel Semyonov wrote:
>>>>>> Eric Abrahamsen writes:
>
>     >> In any case, I still didn't have much time to work on the backend
>     >> unfortunately, but I attached a patch which incorporates the
>     >> fixes from my last message + changes based on comments from
>     >> Stefan.
>     >> 
>     >> Things left to do: 1. Ensure support for none-libxml builds (I
>     >> should probably figure out how ERT works to make this a non-issue
>     >> going forward).  2. Factor out nnfeed.el and base nnatom on top
>     >> of it (shouldn't be hard).  3. Add support for RSS (and steal
>     >> cool stuff from nnrss).  4. Support Atom feeds linked in HTML
>     >> documents.
>
>     > Is there a repository somewhere where you're working on this?
>
> I have <git.sr.ht/~dsemy/nnatom>, but I haven't updated it since posting
> the first version of the patch, when I started developing it "inside"
> the Emacs repo (not sure of the correct terminology).
> Honestly, I'm not the best with Git, so I'm not really sure what would
> be the best way to do this.  Should I just create a mirror (or whatever
> its called) of the Emacs repo with my patch applied and work on it from
> there?

It's not a big deal, I just thought if you had an ongoing branch
someplace publicly available I would pull it and follow along. It's a
little harder to see what's changed each time you send a patch as an
attachment, but it's not that important.