Subject: Re: bug#64202: [PATCH] Gnus: Add back end for Atom feeds (nnatom)

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 15:59:00 -0700

On 07/01/23 14:33 PM, Daniel Semyonov wrote:
>>>>>> Eli Zaretskii writes:
>
>     >> >>>>> Daniel Semyonov writes:
>     >> 
>     >> > Attached is an updated version of the patch.
>     >> 
>     >> Actually attached this time.
>
>     > Thanks.  Lars, Andrew, Eric: please install when you are satisfied
>     > with this new feature.
>
> I'll upload a new patch in (hopefully) a few days based on comments from
> Stefan, so please don't install anything yet.

Thanks again for working on this -- I'm getting around to trying it out.
I have a dumb first question: how do I create a Atom group? I wanted to
try it out with the US weather.gov feed for my state:
https://alerts.weather.gov/cap/wa.php?x=0

I tried with "a" in the *Server* buffer, "G m" in the *Group* buffer,
but I guess neither allow for prompting the user for a URL.

I also added

(nnatom "alerts.weather.gov/cap/wa.php?x=0)

to my `gnus-secondary-select-methods' variable, but it said "Server file
alerts.weather.gov/cap/wa.php?x=0 not readable or writable" when I
restarted Gnus. I guess because we're going straight to
`nnatom-open-server', which reads a local file, without ever fetching
the file. We'd have to hit `nnatom--parse-feed' to do that, but I don't
see how we arrive there without already having the server created.

What am I missing?