Subject: bug#64202: [PATCH] Gnus: Add back end for Atom feeds (nnatom)

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2023 08:01:38 -0800

Daniel Semyonov via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of
text editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>>> Husain Alshehhi writes:
>
>     > Hi Daniel. Just wondering about the state of this change. Is the
>     > atom method merged in into emacs?
>
> I've procrastinated on this for a while and then due to unforeseen
> circumstances I've been able to use Emacs on more than my phone only a
> few times in the past two months or so.  I don't think these
> circumstances will change soon, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to
> work on this again unfortunately...
>
> FWIW it works in its current state, I'll see if I can find the time to
> separate the code between an "nnfeed" backend and nnatom on my phone
> (but still I don't want to promise anything), and after that there is no
> reason IMO it shouldn't be merged; the backend already supports in
> theory the features I still want to add so I should be able to just add
> them later (and they aren't required to use the backend or anything).
> If anyone feels inclined to do this before me I would be very grateful,
> using an Android keyboard for an extended period can get frustrating.

Maybe add a roadmap or TODO list to the sourcehut repo, in case anyone
finds time to help out?