Subject: bug#64198: Feature request: compile.el's "Find this in" prompt should be hookable.

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 08:41:19 +0300

> From: Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:56:04 -0700
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > On Jun 22, 2023, at 10:23 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > I must say that you are trying to use compilation-mode in a
> > situation for which it was never been designed to be used.
> 
> Of course I am, but I don't know why you're saying so.  Compilation-mode was obviously designed to be a general facility

No, it was designed to work with programs that emit notifications in
certain supported formats, which are assumed to include the file name
and the line/column numbers of the locus of interest.  See the file
etc/compilation.txt in the Emacs source tree.

Anyway, I already said I'm okay with a hook there, so you are
responding to a marginal comment.  Would you like to submit a patch
that adds such a hook in compilation-find-file?  Then we could declare
victory, even if we disagree about that minor issue.

Thanks.