Subject: Re: bug#64196: Can't boot due to discrepancy between reconfigure and init

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 09:35:08 +0200

Hi,

Csepp <[email-masked]> writes:
>> I don't think there is, the biggest difference is that `guix system
>> init` will copy stuff into the target store and initialize the basic
>> directories for Guix, whereas reconfigure will just build everything in
>> the current store.
>>
>> Best,
>
> I mean, that's the theory, but either Guix or GRUB seems to get the
> incorrect UUID from *somewhere*.

You can manually check that the generated grub.cfg file contains the
expected UUID after the reconfigure, it should be in
/boot/grub/grub.cfg.

Best,
-- 
Josselin Poiret