Subject: [bug#64189] [PATCH] gnu: python-pyflakes: Update to 3.0.1.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2023 09:13:04 -0400

Hi,

Vincent Prat <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Obviously, version 3 of python-pyflakes introduced some breaking changes.
> I guess that most of these build failures are due to other packages
> not being up-to-date.
> For instance, some of them can be fixed by updating python-flake8
> (https://github.com/PyCQA/pyflakes/pull/751) and python-pylama
> (https://github.com/PyCQA/pyflakes/issues/721).
>
> What is the procedure in such a case?

Since Python doesn't support mixed versions, at least for libraries,
this implies that the complete Python distribution in Guix must be
updated to work with the new version.  That may sounds bad, but as you
pointed, it typically involves upgrading the packages broken post
update, which shouldn't be too difficult (but is time consuming).

guix refresh --upgrade and etc/committer.scm are your friends here.

Since the number of rebuilds is a bit large for master, a dedicated
branch could be created (or the python-team branch reused) to build and
QA the new work.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim