Subject: bug#64174: closed (Re: bug#64174: 30.0.50; Emacs for Android: support tool-bar-position frame parameter)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 12:43:02 +0000

Your bug report

#64174: 30.0.50; Emacs for Android: support tool-bar-position frame parameter

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
64174: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=64174
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#64174: 30.0.50; Emacs for Android: support tool-bar-position frame parameter
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: Ant <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 20:42:16 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When replying to bug reports, please retain the bug tracker in the Cc
list, to ensure that it is able to record your responses.  Thanks.

Ant <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 21/06/23 05:28, Po Lu wrote:
>> Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> Ant <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>
>>>> I know that the Android native build of Emacs is still in an early
>>>> stage. I just want to address this little feature request since I
>>>> believe that allowing the tool-bar to be on bottom position would be
>>>> useful on small touch screen devices, since it would be easier for the
>>>> thumbs to reach those buttons.
>>>>
>>>> Currently, if I evaluate the following expression on Emacs for Android:
>>>>
>>>> (set-frame-parameter nil 'tool-bar-position 'bottom)
>>>>
>>>> nothing happens.
>>>>
>>>> Thank you in advance
>>> Thanks.  This isn't specific to the Android port: we use the generic
>>> internal tool bar code used outside NS and GTK, which doesn't support
>>> tool-bar-position.
>>>
>>> I will look into this.
>> I've now implemented this.
>>
>> Ant, would you please try and see whether or not it works
>> satisfactorily?
>
> It works like a charm, thank you!

Thanks.  I'm closing this bug.

Subject: 30.0.50; Emacs for Android: support tool-bar-position frame parameter
From: Ant <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 16:23:36 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I know that the Android native build of Emacs is still in an early
stage. I just want to address this little feature request since I
believe that allowing the tool-bar to be on bottom position would be
useful on small touch screen devices, since it would be easier for the
thumbs to reach those buttons.

Currently, if I evaluate the following expression on Emacs for Android:

(set-frame-parameter nil 'tool-bar-position 'bottom)

nothing happens.

Thank you in advance

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-unknown-linux-android29) of
2023-06-19 built on xeon
Repository revision: 405d14402f21df3404ce9c5aa3c7f942e6deb3e3
Windowing system distributor 'Sony', version 31.0.0
Android version and manufacturer: 
Sony/XQ-AS52_EEA/XQ-AS52:12/58.2.A.10.126/058002A010012603718185433:user/release-keys
Configured using:
'configure --with-png=yes --with-webp=yes --with-gif=yes
--with-json=ifavailable --with-jpeg=yes --with-xml2=yes
--with-sqlite3=yes --with-gnutls=yes --with-tiff=yes --with-selinux=yes
--with-modules=yes --with-tree-sitter=yes --with-imagemagick=no
--with-lcms2=yes --with-mailutils= --with-pop=no-by-default
--with-harfbuzz=yes --enable-check-lisp-object-type= 'CFLAGS=-O2
-Werror=implicit-function-declaration''

Configured features:
GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SQLITE3 TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP ZLIB

Important settings:
locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
server-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
line-number-mode: t
indent-tabs-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils server info
evil-autoloads nano-modeline-autoloads nano-theme-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cus-start cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
android-win term/common-win ls-lisp touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
inotify android multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 321920 39837) (symbols 48 23862 3) (strings 32 81752 1824)
  (string-bytes 1 1898912) (vectors 16 63222)
  (vector-slots 8 1690339 61289) (floats 8 233 234)
  (intervals 56 1235 63) (buffers 992 16))