Subject: [bug#64171] [PATCH 0/1] guix: pack: docker add docker-entry-point options

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 11:25:54 +0200

Hi,

Graham James Addis <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This patch adds an option to guix pack to allow multiple parameters to
> be passed to the guix pack --format=docker command.
>
> Currently the although the --entry-point option can be entered multiple
> times, only the last entry is used as the docker ENTRYPOINT.
>
> Using the new --docker-entry-point option will take multiple entries
> and use them in the docker ENTRYPOINT exec form.

How about this alternative route: support multiple ‘--entry-point’
arguments.  The first one is passed to the backend as #:entry-point (as
is currently the case) and extra instances are passed as a list as
#:entry-point-arguments.

That way one could do:

  guix pack -f docker guile \
    --entry-point=bin/guile --entry-point=--version

Or, perhaps even better, introduce a new ‘--entry-point-argument’ (or
‘-A’) option.

The advantage compared to ‘--docker-entry-point’ is that it could be
supported by all the backends.

WDYT?

Thanks,
Ludo’.